Default View.

timoc

Idea

Hi,

When i use Evernote i would like to be able to

1. define a default view page (preferably per client) - The default would be defined as a shortcut - so it could be a note, a stack, a search etc.

Tim.

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, timoc said:

When i use Evernote i would like to be able

You posted a feature request in the web forum. Did you mean a general request or discussion post?

>>define a default view page (preferably per client)

This could be a table of contents note, with links to other notes

>>The default would be defined as a shortcut - so it could be a note, a stack, a search etc.

You seem to have the solution to your request     
Evernote provides a shortcut feature; it could be a note, tag, notebook, search etc

3 hours ago, DTLow said:

You posted a feature request in the web forum. Did you mean a general request or discussion post?

>> >>define a default view page (preferably per client)

>>This could be a table of contents note, with links to other notes

Is a table of contents always at the top of a sort? Can i make a table of contents on a mobile device? Can i make my Android client always use that view whenever i start it up, rather than the all notes view? Can i customize that view based on device based context (e.g. work tablet vs personal tablet?)

>> >>The default would be defined as a shortcut - so it could be a note, a stack, a search etc.

>> You seem to have the solution to your request     
>> Evernote provides a shortcut feature; it could be a note, tag, notebook, search etc

Can i make my Android client always use shortcut whenever i start it up?

• Level 5*
35 minutes ago, timoc said:

Is a table of contents always at the top of a sort?

No, there is no option to pin notes at the top of a notebook   

>>Can i make a table of contents on a mobile device?

The ToC is a set of note links.  This can be done on a mobile device

>>Can i make my Android client always use that view whenever i start it up, rather than the all notes view? Can i customize that view based on device based context (e.g. work tablet vs personal tablet?)

No

19 hours ago, DTLow said:

No, there is no option to pin notes at the top of a notebook   

>>Can i make a table of contents on a mobile device?

The ToC is a set of note links.  This can be done on a mobile device

>>Can i make my Android client always use that view whenever i start it up, rather than the all notes view? Can i customize that view based on device based context (e.g. work tablet vs personal tablet?)

No

So, this is the frustrating part. I knew all of this already. Maybe your first comment was the one i should have responded to :(. Is this not a place to make feature requests?

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, timoc said:

Is this not a place to make feature requests?

Yes, your request is posted at the top of the discussion, along with a vote button for users to indicate their support

I was questioning if it was specific to the web platform; I could move it to the general request forum

41 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Yes, your request is posted at the top of the discussion, along with a vote button for users to indicate their support

I was questioning if it was specific to the web platform; I could move it to the general request forum

Thanks. Best move both of my recent requests then.