Jump to content

Special Characters?


Polneiman

Recommended Posts

Hi all! I would like to know how I can solve the following:

I need to create an "astrological diary" in which I must insert astrological symbols (planets, signs of the zodiac, etc).
Any advice on how to do it?

I attached an example

Thanks in advance!

D6g8mJ2.png

Link to post
  • Level 5*
On 12/14/2019 at 6:07 AM, Polneiman said:

I must insert astrological symbols (planets, signs of the zodiac, etc).
Any advice on how to do it?

There are hundreds of emoji to insert into a note2022991226_ScreenShot2019-12-16at8_45_23AM.png.26f2858e8e8849e24311552372039e69.png
I access the emoji/symbol table select the appropriate entry
☉☿♀︎♁♂︎♃♄♅⛢♆♇
The screenshots are from my Mac

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 9.12.59 AM.png

Link to post
hace 3 horas, DTLow dijo:

There are hundreds of emoji to insert into a note2022991226_ScreenShot2019-12-16at8_45_23AM.png.26f2858e8e8849e24311552372039e69.png
I access the emoji/symbol table select the appropriate entry
☉☿♀︎♁♂︎♃♄♅⛢♆♇
The screenshots are from my Mac

Screen Shot 2019-12-16 at 9.12.59 AM.png

I am from windows desktop.

Can't figure it out how to visualize any emoji table.

Thx

Link to post
  • Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Polneiman said:

I am from windows desktop.

Can't figure it out how to visualize any emoji table.

Create your own table stored in a note
Use copy/paste

Link to post
  • Level 5*
46 minutes ago, Polneiman said:

Sounds good but I need to "write in astrological" in many cases, this option is somewhat slow.

Use a 3rd party solution like AutoHotKey to define shortcut keys to indert what you want.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Polneiman said:

Sounds good but I need to "write in astrological" in many cases, this option is somewhat slow.

1 hour ago, jefito said:

Use a 3rd party solution like AutoHotKey to define shortcut keys to indert what you want.

That's a good idea.  Text substitution is built into my Mac and iPad   
I type "sun,,"   and get ☉ (I use ,, as the terminator for my substitution phrases)

Link to post
hace 17 horas, DTLow dijo:

That's a good idea.  Text substitution is built into my Mac and iPad   
I type "sun,,"   and get ☉ (I use ,, as the terminator for my substitution phrases)

 

hace 22 horas, DTLow dijo:

That's a good idea.  Text substitution is built into my Mac and iPad   
I type "sun,,"   and get ☉ (I use ,, as the terminator for my substitution phrases)

Didin't work properly for me. Installed and configured AutoHotKey succesfully. 

First, i can't type "Ctrl+sun" or words (ideal), just letters (like "Ctrl+s" I.E.)

Second, i try to set the ☉ symbol in the script copying from the character map but when i paste the symbol i obtain "AA".

Link to post
  • Level 5*
20 hours ago, Polneiman said:

 

Didin't work properly for me. Installed and configured AutoHotKey succesfully. 

First, i can't type "Ctrl+sun" or words (ideal), just letters (like "Ctrl+s" I.E.)

Second, i try to set the ☉ symbol in the script copying from the character map but when i paste the symbol i obtain "AA".

I'm not the local AutoHotKey expert around here; maybe one of tose will chime in. You could also try the AutoHotKey forums here: https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/

Link to post
  • Level 5*

Windows actually has its own emoji keys - see https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/10762/windows-use-on-screen-keyboard for how to get to them.  You get a keyboard icon in the system tray to the bottom right.  Clicking that opens keyboard which (in the case of non touch-screens) will allow you to use a mouse to select characters.  There's an emoji option on the keyboard,  but I have no idea at present (working in Linux currently) whether these symbols are featured.

There's also the Alt+<code> option which you may find will work for you... https://altcodeunicode.com/alt-codes-planet-moon-phase-astrological-symbols/ (AHK or Phrase Express would speed that up if necessary... )

Hope that helps.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...