notes viewed on to the windows desktop

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, depoli.maurizio@gmail.com said:

Hi, is it possible to have a single note pinned onto the windows desktop?

thanks a lot 

Moe

Pinned like how for what? 

IAC, you can copy the note link, by highlighting the note in the note list and press Ctrl+L.  Then create a shortcut on the desktop and paste in that link.  Clicking on the shortcut will open the note in EN.  If this is what you are looking to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks @CalS... another little nugget saved to my Using-Evernote notebook. 

I knew how to pin a program like EN to the Taskbar, but didn't think to pin a shortcut to a specific EN note, to the desktop, nice.  Having said that my Desktop is devoid of any shortcuts as I learned years ago that this is one step to speeding up my PC, not sure if that's still relevant in 2019/2020.

One thing to be aware of, when using desktop shortcuts to specific EN notes, is that when clicking the shortcut, prior to the EN program being opened/started, the note you wish to view will be hidden behind the main program window, if when you last viewed the note, any note, it was NOT viewed in Full-Screen.  So, to be sure it is viewed on top of EN program window, make sure you viewed your last note in full screen, via double clicking or CTRL+ENTER'ing a note.

Windows Desktop Shortcuts -PROCESS:

1. Right-click Desktop
  2. Select: New>Shortcut
  3. Highlight EN Note in Note-list, or click inside note editor window, then:  CTRL+ALT+L  (to create a link)
  4. Add link to Shortcut window > Click Next
  5. Name the Shortcut

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
44 minutes ago, RavBoy said:

One thing to be aware of, when using desktop shortcuts to specific EN notes, is that when clicking the shortcut, prior to the EN program being opened/started, the note you wish to view will be hidden behind the main program window

For whatever reason this has not been my experience.  I double click on the shortcut and EN opens to the note represented by the shortcut.

50 minutes ago, RavBoy said:

Highlight EN Note in Note-list, or click inside note editor window, then:  CTRL+ALT+L  (to create a link)

FYI, if you want to bypass going through the browser use Ctrl+L to get a the link.  You should see the EN icon versus a browser icon.

ScreenClip.png.a9d6441a363df3c62383cb87b918a732.png

5 hours ago, CalS said:

For whatever reason this has not been my experience.  I double click on the shortcut and EN opens to the note represented by the shortcut.

Perhaps this happens at my end due to a multi-monitor setup, and viewing EN on a screen other than the main screen.

5 hours ago, CalS said:

FYI, if you want to bypass going through the browser use Ctrl+L to get a the link.  You should see the EN icon versus a browser icon

Strangely, it's the exact opposite for me, at-least after a few attempts at using CTRL+L vs CTRL+ALT+L  ...maybe a result of the down-under, upside down, southern hemisphere thing for those in Australia like me 🤪  -or- CTRL+L being assigned elsewhere...cheers again

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, RavBoy said:

Perhaps this happens at my end due to a multi-monitor setup, and viewing EN on a screen other than the main screen.

Weird.  I have two monitors with EN on the non main screen.  Not sure if there is a setting behind this behavior. 

1 hour ago, RavBoy said:

Strangely, it's the exact opposite for me, at-least after a few attempts at using CTRL+L vs CTRL+ALT+L  ...maybe a result of the down-under, upside down, southern hemisphere thing for those in Australia like me 🤪  -or- CTRL+L being assigned elsewhere...cheers again

Yeah, I have seen some inconsistent results here as well.  If Ctrl+L doesn’t give me the direct link I repeat until it works. Clueless as to how come for why.  Oh well. 

• Level 5*
11 hours ago, depoli.maurizio@gmail.com said:

Thanks All for your reply, what I meant was the possibility like the notes from outlook to have them open as sticky note onto the desktop, in order to write directly from there, without any need of opening and closing through a link?

Thanks

Still note sure I get it.  Maybe....  If you want to open a note in its own window double click it in the view panel.

• Level 5
11 hours ago, depoli.maurizio@gmail.com said:

Thanks All for your reply, what I meant was the possibility like the notes from outlook to have them open as sticky note onto the desktop, in order to write directly from there, without any need of opening and closing through a link?

Thanks

I have other "sticky note" programs that work this way, and they're handy. Evernote does not exactly do this, but as @CalS says, you can open any note in a separate window, and then resize that window and place it anywhere you want on the desktop.