Would you use this to journal w/ Evernote?

When I started using Evernote in 2013, I was really trying to start a daily journaling habit. Of course, Evernote became much more to me over the years. It is nothing less than the control center of my work and personal productivity, but is also a store of random thoughts, quotes and clips I like, articles that strike a chord, photos of personal meaning, and on and on.

But I struggled with the journaling thing for one simple reason: I don't always know what to write about. So, I started Cactus.

Cactus is designed to boost your mood and emotional intelligence through guided self-reflection. It provides a private place for your thoughts. It's basically a daily journal prompt based on a research-backed framework. (Oh, and it's free.)

The reason I'm here: we're considering offering a way to sync these daily journal reflections to Evernote (because, well, I want that feature), but I wanted to see if you, dear Evernoters, would want that feature.

Do you use Evernote for daily journaling? Would you use something like Cactus if it synced with Evernote? (Also, I'd love your feedback on Cactus!)

• Level 5*

Hi.  I apologise in advance,  but while I do journal,  it's more to have a separate overview and reminder of how my day has gone rather than any kind of therapeutic interaction.  I'm not looking to increase the number of incoming of emails or share inner thoughts with friends.  I'll give the app a spin,  but my immediate feeling is that I'll be dropping out fairly quickly.

Having said which I am impressed that this is the best designed,  most intuitive introduction to a new application that I've seen.  100 out of 10 for logic,  design and coding.  I do feel like I just had a brief rest from the aggravations of my day - which included a very slow 2-hour road trip to get to my current location.  Maybe I will stick with this a little longer just to see how things play out...;)

Only caveat - it's web based,  so not easily accessible on my mobile,  where I'd think I'm most like to use it.  I hope you have Android and iOS apps in mind for the future.  And yes,  because my life is also in Evernote,  if I do use this app for a long time,  I'd want my output to be available in Evernote.

6 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  I apologise in advance,  but while I do journal,  it's more to have a separate overview and reminder of how my day has gone rather than any kind of therapeutic interaction.  I'm not looking to increase the number of incoming of emails or share inner thoughts with friends.  I'll give the app a spin,  but my immediate feeling is that I'll be dropping out fairly quickly.

Having said which I am impressed that this is the best designed,  most intuitive introduction to a new application that I've seen.  100 out of 10 for logic,  design and coding.  I do feel like I just had a brief rest from the aggravations of my day - which included a very slow 2-hour road trip to get to my current location.  Maybe I will stick with this a little longer just to see how things play out...;)

Only caveat - it's web based,  so not easily accessible on my mobile,  where I'd think I'm most like to use it.  I hope you have Android and iOS apps in mind for the future.  And yes,  because my life is also in Evernote,  if I do use this app for a long time,  I'd want my output to be available in Evernote.

Read the privacy policy. It's a bit scary.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
13 hours ago, Terminal said:

Read the privacy policy. It's a bit scary.

Hmmn.  Thaks for that - I was thinking of using the comments to list my daily activities in detail,  but it looks like sharing more than my feelings is a pretty bad idea...

I do see that there are mobile apps - or at least there is an iOS option...  if you subscribe.