Drag and Drop Multiple PDFs

Here's my situation. I went to drag-and-drop 10 PDFs from an Explorer window to the Windows Evernote app (6.21.2.8716 (308716) Public (CE Build ce-62.5.9981)) and it only added one PDF and the title was just a concatenation of all 10 file names. I was expecting that it would add 10 individual PDFs. Did I do it wrong?

PS. This is ironic. Spellcheck flagged Evernote.  Really? Come on, dev team!

Also, navigating the Evernote site for support or trying to submit a bug was frustrating as hell. Every time I clicked the contact us link, I would get logged out. Just plain awful.

2019-12-05 08_52_36-Create New Topic - Evernote User Forum.tiff 2019-12-05 09_23_02-Window.tiff 2019-12-05 09_21_51-Window.tiff

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Bruce M said:

Here's my situation. I went to drag-and-drop 10 PDFs from an Explorer window to the Windows Evernote app (6.21.2.8716 (308716) Public (CE Build ce-62.5.9981)) and it only added one PDF and the title was just a concatenation of all 10 file names. I was expecting that it would add 10 individual PDFs. Did I do it wrong?

Try using the Import folder capability of EN.  Create a folder on your PC and use Tools - Import folders to establish a connection to a notebook.  Then drag the 10 PDFs to that folder and you will get 10 notes in EN.  You can then tag, title, whatever and then move to the notebook of choice.

ScreenClip.png.4faca2ad16dd799346df06a0917d5910.png

1 hour ago, Bruce M said:

If you are talking about this forum it may be your PC dictionary that did the checking.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

The import folder @CalS references is the way to go to get separate notes for each PDF. I  did try what you did with the latest prerelease (6.22.2.8781 (308781) Prerelease (CE Build ce-62.5.9981)), and it also concatenated the PDF titles, but it also added all of the PDFs to the note. The behavior you note -- just adding only one PDF -- would clearly be a bug.

Adding them as separate notes would be a nice enhancement; maybe if you had Ctrl or Shift down when you dropped the PDF's it could do the separate notes thing, while retaining the current behavior (modulo not capturing all of the PDFs). I can see where both would be useful.

2 hours ago, Bruce M said:

So add it to the dictionary, already. Sheesh.