Release Notes for new Web Editor?

Paul A.

Are there any release notes for the new editor? I recently discovered that the new editor has checklists for example (excited about that feature once it syncs properly to the apps), and I wonder what other "new" features I might be overlooking.

Hey @Paul A.,

Thanks for your post. For now, the main new features of the new editor are: 

• Readability. You can now adjust the note width to align with best practices for optimizing the reading experience.
  • Text styles. Custom semantic headers allow you to specify large header, small header, and other common text styles.
  • New Insert menu. Easily insert attachments, tables, code blocks, and more.
  • New to-do lists. Recognize at a glance which to-do list items need your attention.
  • Smarter paste. Struggling with getting content to match the styling of your note? We took care of that.
  • Highlighter colors. Choose from several different highlighter colors to call attention to various areas of text.

More info can be found in the URL below: 

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022954093

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Nick L. said:

Hey @Paul A.,

Thanks for your post. For now, the main new features of the new editor are: 

• Readability. You can now adjust the note width to align with best practices for optimizing the reading experience.
  • Text styles. Custom semantic headers allow you to specify large header, small header, and other common text styles.
  • New Insert menu. Easily insert attachments, tables, code blocks, and more.
  • New to-do lists. Recognize at a glance which to-do list items need your attention.
  • Smarter paste. Struggling with getting content to match the styling of your note? We took care of that.
  • Highlighter colors. Choose from several different highlighter colors to call attention to various areas of text.

More info can be found in the URL below: 

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022954093

Thank you! Do these new features play nicely with non-beta versions of the mobile and desktop apps? (Specifically Mac and Android in my case.) If there are any major limitations to be aware of when moving back and forth between the new editor on web and desktop/mobile that would be very helpful to know.

1 minute ago, Paul A. said:

Thank you! Do these new features play nicely with non-beta versions of the mobile and desktop apps? (Specifically Mac and Android in my case.) If there are any major limitations to be aware of when moving back and forth between the new editor on web and desktop/mobile that would be very helpful to know.

We haven't seen issues yet that could result in losing data or something this bad, but we've seen some issues where the old editor will display the information differently. For example, if you use a checklist in the new editor, the old editor will display a bullet list with a checkbox instead. 

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5

I don't know about the Mac, but WRT Android, I find that it generally displays new features such as fonts, font colors, and highlight colors correctly, but of course it can't create them from scratch itself. However, if you type in such formatted areas in Android, the formatting remains, i.e., you are typing in the particular font, size, color, highlight, etc. I believe such formatting can be copied and pasted intact as well. Fonts and font sizes actually appear better in Android than in the Windows program, and again you can type within them and it displays in the correct font and size. I'd encourage you to do a little testing and see how it works for you.

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...

Is there some kind of official release notes or changelog for the Evernote web client?

It would be nice to have one place to read about new features that have been added.

• Level 5
11 hours ago, ford said:

Is there some kind of official release notes or changelog for the Evernote web client?

It would be nice to have one place to read about new features that have been added.

It does seem like this ought to exist, maybe as a pinned note in this forum. Although the release notes on the Android app are so pathetic they might was well not exist, so I wouldn't be too hopeful of something useful. They seem to be putting out minor updates pretty frequently these days (it's up to 6.14 in Opera for me), always without notification, here or elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1