Diary usage & resetting

I've just started using Evernote to write my diary because it looked better than the memo in Windows. Below are 2 questions and I appreciate it if you could give me some good advice, thank you!

1.  How many notes can you use if you're a Basic (free) user? At the moment, I'm using a note for each day, but is it better to use one note for more days like one note for each month, one note for 1 year etc.?  I would like to know how everyone use Evernote as diaries which serve them best as well.

2. It seems that if you make a mistake and want to go back one step, you're unable to do that in Evernote, which I think is rather inconvenient. Even Window's memo has that. Do you know any way to do this, or do you have to subscribe for the paid service?

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, abovebeyond said:

1.  How many notes can you use if you're a Basic (free) user? At the moment, I'm using a note for each day, but is it better to use one note for more days like one note for each month, one note for 1 year etc.?  I would like to know how everyone use Evernote as diaries which serve them best as well.

From the Evernote System Limits page, Basic accounts can have up to 100,000 notes. I think you're safe there. I am not really a diary person, but for work, I keep a weekly journal. Every Monday morning, I duplicate the previous week's journal, clear out its entries, and change the dates for the individual days, and in the note title. Takes about 5 minutes.

9 hours ago, abovebeyond said:

2. It seems that if you make a mistake and want to go back one step, you're unable to do that in Evernote, which I think is rather inconvenient. Even Window's memo has that. Do you know any way to do this, or do you have to subscribe for the paid service?

What do you mean by "go back a step"? Ctrl+Z/Undo? The Evernote Windows application supports this, for all account types (Basic, Plus, Premium). Which version are you using?

• Level 5*
On 12/3/2019 at 10:37 PM, abovebeyond said:

How many notes can you use if you're a Basic (free) user? At the moment, I'm using a note for each day, but is it better to use one note for more days like one note for each month, one note for 1 year etc.?  I would like to know how everyone use Evernote as diaries which serve them best as well.

As @Jefito posted, you don't have to worry about note limit (100,000)2035884892_ScreenShot2019-12-04at8_22_52AM.png.09a9589a0dd911de5f5e3f53dda27d94.png
I prefer the "note for each day"
Easier to access; less risk of corrupting your entire log

I'm not a diary person - Journal or Log seems more appropriate for me 😊
I also use this as my home dashboard note; I'm referencing it constantly
It's generated each morning from a template and I spend 10 minutes in the morning updating it with content for the day

1282683718_ScreenShot2019-12-04at8_31_06AM.thumb.png.5f04462a2331a0496be1353e589fb7ed.png

My note title standard is    
yyyy/mm/dd Journal [yyyy.ddd dddddd]    
    dd - Day of Month 02     
    ddd - Day of Year 336    
    dddddd - Day of week Monday    

For Star Trek fans;
Captain's Log, Stardate 2019.336