Unable to send pictures & pdf of notes to Whatsapp

• 3 months later...

Hi, i can no longer send photo or pdf files inside notes with the new version of evernote.

I usually send it via Whatsapp....all this time I'm using the old version of evernote and it work perfectly to send photos or pdf... But hence I upgraded to android os10. The old one doesn't work anymore, everytime I try to open a note, it always said : the current note is not available right now... So I have no option other than upgrade it to the latest one... 

Here by I attached the problem, always show like a raw file like this... While on the previous one it always send as a pictures... 

Pls give me a solution because I need this evernote to share pics & files individually inside every notes I created. 

Thanks.. 

Screenshot_20191202-140939006.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*

Hmmn.  When you try to send,  exactly what links are you tapping?  Is it a question of tap the picture,  choose share to email?  That still works for me.  Or are you sending the whole note? - which also seems to work.  I'm on Android 6.0,  which might be the difference...

12 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hmmn.  When you try to send,  exactly what links are you tapping?  Is it a question of tap the picture,  choose share to email?  That still works for me.  Or are you sending the whole note? - which also seems to work.  I'm on Android 6.0,  which might be the difference...

It's not link, when you save note with jpeg image, PDF file, tap the image, choose share using WA immediately image will sent like on screenshoot above & cannot open by receiver or sender. I'm able sent normally on Android 9 with Evernote version 8.1, but when update Evernote to 8.1 above the problem appear.

Now I'm on Android 10 and Evernote 8.1 cannot work (cannot open all notes stored)

On 8/12/2019 at 10:50 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Does this have anything to do with Evernote? This forum is for "general technical issues" related to Evernote.

Yes related

• 8 months later...

hi same issue here, for these past 2 months, i am not able to share my evernote, notes via whatsapp anymore. it was the most important and most convenient way of discussion with my other colleagues and suddenly i cant do it anymore. it is to me the most important feature that sets evernote apart from other apps. 

now my options are only limited to email. which sucks, as i cant share it immediately, and if via email, my evernote share becomes a 'formal' discussion. as far as i am concerned, it is a MAJOR problem for evernote.

Kindly fix the issue. or if its fixed already, kindly assist. thank you.

13 minutes ago, Dr.AzmiShah said:

hi same issue here, for these past 2 months, i am not able to share my evernote, notes via whatsapp anymore. it was the most important and most convenient way of discussion with my other colleagues and suddenly i cant do it anymore. it is to me the most important feature that sets evernote apart from other apps. 

now my options are only limited to email. which sucks, as i cant share it immediately, and if via email, my evernote share becomes a 'formal' discussion. as far as i am concerned, it is a MAJOR problem for evernote.

Kindly fix the issue. or if its fixed already, kindly assist. thank you.

That's why im still using the old version evernote cause the newer ver can't send images... 

This occurs only on Android..

Please evernote admin, fix this bug. 

This happens too long and nobody doing anything to fix this problem... 

• Level 5

I appreciate the clearer explanations of the problem that have been given. Please be aware, though, that these are user forums. Evernote staff may look in, but this isn't a direct way of addressing them. @iRwanYoung and @Dr.AzmiShah, since you have Premium subscriptions, it might be best to submit the problems to Evernote support. This is difficult to do from within the Android app, but here is the Website: https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new.

All that being said, let me ask a couple of user-to-user questions. First, can you describe the exact procedure in WhatsApp that formerly worked to send material to Evernote? Also, since this formerly worked and no longer does, can you give the version numbers of WhatsApp, the Evernote Android app, and the Android system itself that you are currently using? This will be necessary when you submit the problem to Evernote, and may even be helpful for fellow-users trying to track down the issue. Lastly, @iRwanYoung, you said this happens only on Android. Is there a procedure that does work on other platforms? Again, this may help to pinpoint the issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2020 at 10:56 PM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I appreciate the clearer explanations of the problem that have been given. Please be aware, though, that these are user forums. Evernote staff may look in, but this isn't a direct way of addressing them. @iRwanYoung and @Dr.AzmiShah, since you have Premium subscriptions, it might be best to submit the problems to Evernote support. This is difficult to do from within the Android app, but here is the Website: https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new.

All that being said, let me ask a couple of user-to-user questions. First, can you describe the exact procedure in WhatsApp that formerly worked to send material to Evernote? Also, since this formerly worked and no longer does, can you give the version numbers of WhatsApp, the Evernote Android app, and the Android system itself that you are currently using? This will be necessary when you submit the problem to Evernote, and may even be helpful for fellow-users trying to track down the issue. Lastly, @iRwanYoung, you said this happens only on Android. Is there a procedure that does work on other platforms? Again, this may help to pinpoint the issues.

Yes, i just update it to the newest version.

And this bug still happens, as attached, when u send an image to whatsapp, it will show like that.  

I have the apk of evernote old version thats still work fine while sending an image to whatsapp, as attached.. 

And lastly i just send a log report

Please fix this bug.. 

Its been going on for years... 

Screenshot_20200925-164039882.jpg

Screenshot_20200925-164443925.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, iRwanYoung said:

As always... No respons from evernote admins... 

Evernote staffers don't generally respond to individual threads in the public forum.  For the personal touch (eventually) - raise a support request!  Syncing may have become a lot busier given the number of people updating their accounts in the past few weeks.  Do you still have an issue there?

• 1 year later...