Missing shortcuts

Mark78

Thank you to the Evernote team for your hard work to keep driving Evernote to the next level! I use the web beta editor and I hope this forum is the right place to post observations of things missing, not work right and/or needed.

For this topic: the web beta editor is missing many of my Shortcuts, which appear just fine in the Windows & Android apps.

Thank you for fixing this! Keep up the good work!

Mark
Evernote user since 2010

• Level 5

I only have 9 shortcuts, but sure enough one of them was missing from the Web beta, though present in the Windows program. When I looked closer, though, I found that the note to which the shortcut pointed had been merged with another note, and therefore no longer existed. When I deleted that shortcut in the Windows app and replaced it with one for the merged note, that shortcut showed up on the Web (after a sync). So this is really an error both on my part and on that of the Windows program (IMHO), and may not be related to your case at all, but I thought I'd chime in with what I saw.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2019 at 11:56 AM, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I only have 9 shortcuts, but sure enough one of them was missing from the Web beta, though present in the Windows program. When I looked closer, though, I found that the note to which the shortcut pointed had been merged with another note, and therefore no longer existed. When I deleted that shortcut in the Windows app and replaced it with one for the merged note, that shortcut showed up on the Web (after a sync). So this is really an error both on my part and on that of the Windows program (IMHO), and may not be related to your case at all, but I thought I'd chime in with what I saw.

Dave, thanks for weighing in. I have about 40 shortcuts. Only about half of them are visible. Definitely a bug and Evernote needs to fix it!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I concur with this report. I use the webclient a lot with my short cuts. I have added two images. The light one has the shortcuts in the previous version of the webclient and the dark one has the shortcuts in the new version of the web client.As you can see, several of the shortcuts are missing in the new version. 

When I compare the two views I noted that the missing shortcuts are all related to tags. 

I use Chromium as my webbrowser: Versie 79.0.3945.79 (Officiële build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 18.04 (64-bits).

Hope this helps, tracking this bug. 

Evernote snelkoppeling nieuwe versie.png

Evernote Snelkoppelingen oude versie.png

Edited by Nico Veenkamp
I just noted that it was the tags shortcuts that was missing.
  • Like 1
  • Ex Employees

This isn't a bug (per se), but rather functionality that has not yet been implemented in the latest web client. We have an open ticket to track the work necessary to implement this and it actually looks like some of the work has recently been completed. I can't promise a specific launch date, though. The team is working hard to bring the new web client to feature parity with the existing web client. This is a top priority, so I hope you'll see a lot more updates very soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No worries Scott. Just wanted to ensure that this feature wasn’t falling off the table. BTW, love the new Tables features. I have been switching back and forth to create a new table in the beta and switch back to previous version to use it. 

thanks for all the good work.

Nico

• Like 2
  • Level 5*
19 hours ago, Scott T. said:

This isn't a bug (per se), but rather functionality that has not yet been implemented in the latest web client.

Thanks for for your post Scott
imho Missing features is a standard practice for a beta version
However it's confusing if this is the practice for public release versions

• Ex Employees
5 hours ago, DTLow said:

However it's confusing if this is the practice for public release versions

I agree. I think we maybe made some poor choices in the past in regards to releasing products that weren't fully baked and calling them done. Ian seems to be taking a much better approach to our releases, really getting things out there and gathering feedback. This is mostly being done under our very clear "beta program." But, the release of the latest web client was before his time.

As I said, we're really trying to bring the web client up to functional parity with all the versions out there so that we can get everybody using the latest version and deprecate the older versions that we are no longer supporting. Same effort across the desktop and mobile clients.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
On 1/9/2020 at 3:43 PM, Scott T. said:

As I said, we're really trying to bring the web client up to functional parity with all the versions out there so that we can get everybody using the latest version and deprecate the older versions that we are no longer supporting.

Thanks for the update Scott.  Hopefully this functional parity includes sorts that work, not having to dumpster dive for some often used features, and speed akin to the previous web client.