Sharing modes (notebooks / stacks)

rebel_of_steel

Idea

Hello dear developers,

The current sharing features available for us are :

When you invite someone to work with you in a notebook, you decide how much access to give them:

• Can edit and invite: Invitees can make changes to notes, add notes, share individual notes via email and public URLs, and invite additional users to view and edit the shared notebook.
  • Can edit: Invitees can make changes to notes, add notes and share individual notes via email.
  • Can view: Invitees can only view notes in the shared notebook.

**copied from standard documentation **

Feature request: Is it possible to have a fourth option "Can add new notes only"

Reason: I have a lot of notes, technical and write-ups, and when I share notes, I never know if sometimes, the shared users make some changes that are not correct or some information is lost from the note, however I want to let them add their research, ideas, etc in new notes to this shared notebook. Tracking the history of all the notes and reverting changes would be a big pain.

So I humbly request for this feature :)

regards,

Eugene

• Like 1

2 replies to this idea

On 11/22/2019 at 5:36 PM, jefito said:

Workaround: share two notebooks to your users, one of which is read-only (the notes you don't waant to be modified) and one Read/Write (where they can create notes as desired).

Thank you for this workaround @jefito 😀

To do this in an effective way i.e. in a way that would share while maintaining hierarchy of the notes, I would need multi-stacking of notebooks, since we are collaborating on different topics of the same subject.

Subject 1
    + Topic 1
        ++ Notebook (original notes)
        ++ Notebook (shared)

+ Topic 2
        ++ Notebook (shared)

Subject 2
    + Topic 1
        ++ Notebook (shared)

+ Topic 2
        ++ Notebook (shared)

In my honest opinion it would be much clean and easier, if the developers could introduce this new sharing option.

sincerely,

Eugene