Default opening request - nav menu

I am an infrequent user, non business.  When I use it, I want in and out quickly.
So when I start Evernote, it starts with "Notebooks" closed, 

I would like the option of when I start Evernote, have it automatically start with the "Notebooks" (plural) folder open, and in the main content window, show "My notebook list"
This, instead of "All Notes" so I can quickly see and get to the Notebook I want.

l know it's not much time, but how hard would it be to give the option of making that default setting?

I would think that would be very easy to achieve, with a preference setting, cooky or whatever.  Others might want it to open to a particular notebook...

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, danielbaker2 said:

I would like the option of when I start Evernote, have it automatically start with the "Notebooks" (plural) folder open, and in the main content window, show "My notebook list"

1628429229_ScreenShot2019-11-21at17_05_53.png.a983c453b9c8255ecfe288478e3251ac.pngOn Macs, the notebook list is displayed in the sidebar

It can be always displayed, but I run with a minimal sidebar.   
My preferred view is All Notes and I rarely access Notebook view

• Level 5
15 hours ago, danielbaker2 said:

This, instead of "All Notes" so I can quickly see and get to the Notebook I want.

In case this is in reference to the Android app, there's a long-standing and popular request for this feature. You could go there and add your support by clicking the upward pointing arrow at the top.

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Evernote for Windows Desktop opens with three possible panels.  The top of the left panel is reserved for Shortcuts.  It's possible to place a shortcut in that list to jump to any / all notebooks (or individual notes) in your account.  If you create a new note using the green "+" button,  it can be assigned to any notebook in your account using the in-note drop-down.  All notebooks are listed in the left panel anyway and are one click away.  Given the options available,  I don't think Evernote ever considered that a start-up display of notebook names would add anything to the mix...

ScreenClip.png.4b16ab063f3b81ed53f385b8b230d8f9.png

Archived