Templates and apple Pencil

JV1

Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to use Apple pencil with Templates. I have a meeting minutes / cation template but it would be much more efficient if i could annotate the template with my apple pencil than type. I tend to use my iPad in meetings. All advice gratefully received - thanks John

• Level 5*

Evernote's core is typed notes, stored in enml/html format     
However we can use alternate editors, with the document stored as a note attachment   

I recommend the Notability app for note-taking on an iPad with Apple pencil
This becomes a Notabilty/templates question;    
- Yes, I use templates; basically saved notes/pdfs which I duplicate

• 1 month later...

I had the same question.  I was hoping to use my apple pencil with my ipad to take notes on a template.  Notability had been recommended to me, but I'd prefer to stay with just one app (evernote) to take the notes & keep them organized.  It appears that I can write notes with the pencil on a blank/new note, but can't add notes (with apple pencil) to an existing document or template.  Has anyone had success with this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

The handwriting support of EN is .... basic (very basic).

Personally I use GoodNotes 5. It can import any 1-page-pdf as a template, on which can be written with the Apple Pencil. This works well with forms, the same feature can be used to annotate pdfs (then not imported as template, but as document).

The handwritten text is made searchable automatically, which is working very well, even with my handwriting.

To save notes in EN, you have to export them as a pdf into EN. This means that notes should stay in GN5 as long as they are active, and only be transferred when editing is done. The handwriting search will be enclosed in the pdf (there is an option to pick), which means it will stay perfectly searchable in EN as well.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
15 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

To save notes in EN, you have to export them as a pdf into EN. This means that notes should stay in GN5 as long as they are active, and only be transferred when editing is done.

Likewise, I wait until editing is done
We have the option of storing the handwriting in native format, alongside the pdf
I do this with my Notability documents if there's embedded audio

• Like 1