Google single sign on broken on Windows App

Go to solution Solved by Austin G,

I installed today on a brand new laptop running Windows 10 latest. Upon clicking "Sign in with Google", the google permissions window appears and then continues to grow until it fills the screen with nothing but white space. Anybody else seeing this?:

image.thumb.png.0b10b1fd1813e4834641ca14318871c5.png

Hello. thanks for responding! Yes to both.....also even signing in with Google in Evernote on the web results in this:

image.thumb.png.c8a65e1a353ea9df3e47bd54590d5db6.png

Clicking "Evernote" in the top right to return home will take me to my notes (sign on was successful in spite of this error). It definitely appears to be a bug with google SSO

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
21 hours ago, kckst8 said:

Upon clicking "Sign in with Google", the google permissions window appears and then continues to grow until it fills the screen with nothing but white space.

Apropos the fact that nothing really helpful comes to mind: Well, if that's not a metaphor for Google as a whole, I don't know what is...

OK, maybe it's some kind of network connectivity thingie; can you see https://evernote.com/ ?

• Haha 1

I have the same issue, with the single sign-on widget growing to fill the whole screen and unusable. Restarted device and updated evernote, made no difference. Browser version of evernote works fine for me.

• Like 1

Hi, I used the Chat from help section and they told me to do this:

1. Use "Forgot your password" (with your gmail or email associated with Google Account)
  2. "Restart password" with the email that you will receive (when you use your Google Account with Evernote you don't create a password)
  3. Login with your gmail and the new password

From now on, you can use your Google Account login (when available) or use the same email and your new password.

• Like 1

@danshou - This is great and all - but it kinda defeats the purpose of Google Authentication. I still can not login using the Login with Google button the window grows till it takes up all three of my monitors ( kinda Hilarious to watch actually.)

So while this is a work around it is not a solution. 

• Level 5*
23 hours ago, Jeremy Roman said:

So while this is a work around it is not a solution.

As long as Evernote and/ or Google are aware of the issue,  someone will be working on a solution.  Until that's delivered though,  all you have is work-arounds...

• Level 5

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out.

I'm working with our teams to get more information about this issue, and to determine how best to proceed.

I'll follow-up once I know more, but feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any questions in the meantime.

• Like 1
  • Ex Employees
  • Solution

Thanks for your patience as we continue to identify the cause of this Sign in with Google issue. As a workaround, please create an Evernote password for the account. 

1. Go to https://www.evernote.com/ForgotPassword.action 
  2. Enter your email address and click "Send Verification email"
  3. Click on the password reset link in your inbox and create a new password
  4. Open the Evernote for Windows Desktop app
  5. Enter the email address and new password 

• Like 1

@Austin G

Yesterday I reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC. After that I had this problem. But now it works. Thank you!

I also installed Ritlabs' "The Bat". Oauth Authentication with Gmail didn't work. The authorize button is greyd out. But other email adresses like .gmx work. Maybe the problem ist with gmail/google?

Maybe it will help you find the problem.

When I try to sign in to Evernote on the desktop by clicking "Sign in with Google" (because I have already done so with my phone) a window appears that says "Please wait while the page is loading", the message disappears and the window slowly expands to fit the screen.This window hasn't caused any trouble (it closes normally), but there is literally nothing on this window even after waiting. I have been unable to use my existing account and I'm going to have to use an e-mail account that isn't the one connected to my Google account to even try and see if it would work fine with an account not connected to my Google account.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a fix?

• Level 5

@JaJoJe Thank you for reaching out!

I went ahead and merged your post into this thread.

We're currently working to address this Sign in with Google issue.

However, please see the workaround provided by @Austin G:

Thanks for your patience as we continue to identify the cause of this Sign in with Google issue. As a workaround, please create an Evernote password for the account. 

Let me know if you have any problems!

• Level 5

@notjade I've merged your post into this thread.

Please see:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think, I found a solution.

To login evernote with Google account, firstly login with my outlook account and then File > Add another user option use it. After that don't use the Sign in with Google account option type your gmail account and password respectively.

Finally you can login with your gmail account and all files will be there.

1962005686_loginscreen.thumb.jpg.60c77c223674d4c4613fdf91caa555c1.jpglogin.thumb.jpg.a219ce77122ae03305676adb4c417288.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Ex Employees

Thank you all for your patience as we worked on a fix. This issue is now fixed in our latest GA release, Evernote for Windows version 6.23 GA. 
You can install it from the link in our release post: