We apologize for the inconvenience, but chat support is currently unavailable. Please feel free to submit an email ticket or reach out at discussion.evernote.com. Thank you for understanding. ×
TdeV

How do I search for one thing AND not include something else?

I'm looking for information about dried navy beans, but I don't want to include any clothing from LLBean which is navy. How do I do this?

1 hour ago, TdeV said:

How do I search for one thing AND not include something else?

Not Include is specified using negation; for example search  OneThing -SomethingElse

Evernote's search feature is flexible, but not full boolean; we can't combine add/or searches

I see two "navy" text in your example.    
To isolate colour navy; search   navy   -"navy dried beans"

You can search for "dried navy beans"; I prefer tag searches 
Your example would require two steps     
1. search   tag:LLBean tag:Clothing tag:ColourNavy   
    assign    tag:Temporary
2. search   tag:DriedNavyBeans  -tag:Temporary

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TdeV said:

I'm looking for information about dried navy beans, but I don't want to include any clothing from LLBean which is navy. How do I do this?

try navy beans -l.l. -ll.  If you have a tag/notebook that might separate the notes you can use it as well.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TdeV said:

You should be more specific on whether you're using a straight text search, or you're also using tags and/or notebooks to categorize things that are 'navy. or foods, or clothing.

I could spin up to Beans if you change your mind, though-- I live reasonably close to the original store (I used to live in Freeport itself, some years ago)... :) 

• Haha 1