if I format the notebook and lose my notes?

• Level 5
On 11/8/2019 at 1:04 PM, Jennings said:

Hello, I am not a subscriber of evernote, I use the basic version of the application and as I use the program only on the notebook, I wonder if I format the PC I would lose my notes? Thanks.

Hi, and welcome to the forums. No, as long as you have synced your notes you will not lose them. Basic vs. Premium is not an issue in this regard. Evernote regularly syncs your notes to its servers, so you can, if you ever need to, access them on another device, and have them safely backed up there.

Before formatting the PC, first make sure that if you have any "Local Notebooks" (which exist only on your laptop, not on Evernote's servers), you temporarily copy their content into regular, synced notebooks. Then do a manual sync (F9, click the sync button, or Tools > Sync). Personally, I'd do 2 or 3 just to be sure I did 1. This will synchronize your notes to Evernote's servers, and after the reformat when you reinstall Evernote and log in (be sure you know your username and password before the reformat!), it will download all your notes. If you want to be sure everything's OK before you reformat, after you have done the sync go to https://www.evernote.com/client/web and log in. That will take you to the Evernote Web client, where you should see all your notebooks and notes in place.

• Like 1