Issues with multiple accounts

First of all, I use the desktop program on my Windows computer. I have two accounts, both are personal, not business accounts. I will refer them as Account A and Account B. While I do know how to switch between the two without signing out of either, I am getting frustrated because I am unable to keep signed into both when I close the windows. Whichever one I most recently signed into is the one that opens up when I open the desktop app. For example, if I open up the app and Account A is signed in, and then I open Account B in a separate window, I can easily use both accounts at once. However, when I shut down my computer and turn it back on and open the app, it shows me signed in as Account B and I have to open another window to sign into Account A. I have tried to pin both to the desktop but that still opens up on hte most recently signed in account. What I would like is either a way to make it so Account A is ALWAYS the one it opens to, or I can assign one taskbar as A and another as B.

• Level 5*
On 11/6/2019 at 5:44 PM, Kaecbackens said:

First of all, I use the desktop program on my Windows computer. I have two accounts, both are personal, not business accounts. I will refer them as Account A and Account B. While I do know how to switch between the two without signing out of either, I am getting frustrated because I am unable to keep signed into both when I close the windows. Whichever one I most recently signed into is the one that opens up when I open the desktop app. For example, if I open up the app and Account A is signed in, and then I open Account B in a separate window, I can easily use both accounts at once. However, when I shut down my computer and turn it back on and open the app, it shows me signed in as Account B and I have to open another window to sign into Account A. I have tried to pin both to the desktop but that still opens up on hte most recently signed in account. What I would like is either a way to make it so Account A is ALWAYS the one it opens to, or I can assign one taskbar as A and another as B.

Are you using the desktop app or the browser?  Not sure as you mention two windows open at the same time which I don't think you can do with the desktop app.  If browser, try two different browsers, one for each account.  Or the desktop app and a browser window.

3 hours ago, CalS said:

Not sure as you mention two windows open at the same time which I don't think you can do with the desktop app.

I tried it just now, File/Add Another User, a second window opens.  After reboot, I don't have to sign in again, I just click on the second account in the file menu and a new window opens, no problem.

On 11/6/2019 at 7:44 PM, Kaecbackens said:

However, when I shut down my computer and turn it back on and open the app, it shows me signed in as Account B and I have to open another window to sign into Account A. 

I am not seeing that, both accounts are available after reboot (as above), might be a limitation if both accounts are free (I didn't know you could open two account windows at all if they are both free, I recall that was not the case not so long ago).

• Level 5

With the caveat that I suggest this out of almost total ignorance, I wonder whether Evernote's ENscript program could be used to create shortcuts that would open each individual account. See https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/enscript.php#enscript. After a hasty glance at that, I found that placing the following in the Windows Start button Run command opened Evernote to the All Notes display after I had fully exited it:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Evernote\Evernote\ENScript.exe showNotes /q any: /u [my account username].

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Don Dz said:

I tried it just now, File/Add Another User, a second window opens.  After reboot, I don't have to sign in again, I just click on the second account in the file menu and a new window opens, no problem.

Sorry, I should have been more specific, as a Basic user you can't have multiple accounts open via the desktop app, best I can recall anyway.  Hence the browser question of the OP.  Not sure the OP is using the desktop app.  Unless they have a paid account and posted here with the basic one.