How to Email from a link of a business card

Go to solution Solved by gleblanc@abitibico.ca,

When I scan a business card with the amazing feature from Evernote, all the information is captured from the card. After that, when I open the note, I see the email address, the telephone number and the address with buttons I can click on to do the appropriate action (ex. when I click on the phone icon, the number is dialed automatically. Same thing with the physical address and Google map). The problem is when I click on the Envelop icon for the email, I receive a message saying "Send Email - No apps can perform this action". I use Outlook on my phone (Samsing S8), how can I make this feature works?

Thanks!

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. I just tested, and I see the same behavior. I have an app called Aqua Mail set as my default email app. I even tried clearing it as the default and setting it again (using an email address in another app), but Evernote still failed to recognize it. So it's not specific to Outlook. It feels like a bug. Since you're a Premium subscriber, I'd highly recommend opening a support ticket about it: https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new.

• Thanks 1
  • Solution

Thanks Dave! I opened a ticket and got an answer from Evernote:

Thank for bringing this to our attention. We are currently aware of this issue, and although I don't have an ETA of when it will be resolved, I can assure you we're working diligently to fix it.

For now, I will close this ticket, but if you have any other questions please reach out to me and I'll be more than happy to help. As a best practice, please also keep your Evernote software always updated as most fixes are pushed out through software update. "

We should see the fix in a future update.

• Like 1