Missing Notes

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I use the website every day and when I checked this morning, a box popped up saying that it needed to reload. When it "reloaded", all of the notes in the folder I was looking at were gone. I refreshed the screen and 6 of them returned, but I had many more than that. They're not in the trash, though I do have notes from 2015 still hanging out there, apparently. What happened to my notes and how can I get them back?

• Level 5*
  • Solution

Hi.  Have you tried logging out of Evernote and logging back in?  Or a good old fashioned switch it all off,  then switch it all back on again?  No reason your notes would have been 'lost',  though clearly they're not showing up in that window for the moment.

On 10/31/2019 at 6:59 PM, gazumped said:

Hi.  Have you tried logging out of Evernote and logging back in?  Or a good old fashioned switch it all off,  then switch it all back on again?  No reason your notes would have been 'lost',  though clearly they're not showing up in that window for the moment.

I tried logging out and back in when I first noticed it and that didn't work. Since your suggestions, I tried restarting my computer and that didn't work either, but I tried accessing the notes on my old computer and they showed up there, so I tried logging out and back in once more and they're back now... I'm still frustrated by the whole experience, but thank you very much for your help!

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
18 hours ago, danaenicole said:

I tried logging out and back in when I first noticed it and that didn't work. Since your suggestions, I tried restarting my computer and that didn't work either, but I tried accessing the notes on my old computer and they showed up there, so I tried logging out and back in once more and they're back now... I'm still frustrated by the whole experience, but thank you very much for your help!

Sounds like maybe your notes weren't synced from the old computer the last time you used it before the new one (revisiting the old computer caused the sync).  Go to Tools - Options - Synchronization and check Synchronize changes on exit to prevent in the future.