Remove limits on saved searches!

Calvin.Powers

Idea

ACK! Feeling Very Frustrated Right Now. 

I've just spent two solid days organizing my whole life in Evernote. I mean everything I've got going on in every corner of my life to logging my exercise regimen to washing the dishes to saving for retirement. 

But this morning as I was finishing up. BAM. I got an error message saying that I am limited to 100 saved searches! Argh! I make heavy use of saved searches and now I've hit a brick wall. 

I can't do what I want to do because of an apparently arbitrary limitation in Evernote. 

Please please please let us have as many saved searches as we want. 

Also, while I'm at it. It would be nice if we could arrange the saved searches in a folder hierarchy in the saved searches section of the left side panel. 

Calvin Powers 

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, Calvin.Powers said:

Also, while I'm at it. It would be nice if we could arrange the saved searches in a folder hierarchy in the saved searches section of the left side panel. 

My work-around is to save my searches elsewhere
Like in a Saved Searches Note; for example   reminderOrder:* -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*  

It does require select copy/paste to put the text into the search box
Other users have implemented scripts to automate this

17 minutes ago, DTLow said:

My work-around is to save my searches elsewhere
Like in a Saved Searches Note; for example   reminderOrder:* -reminderTime:day+1 -reminderDoneTime:*  

It does require select copy/paste to put the text into the search box
Other users have implemented scripts to automate this

Yeah, I could do that. Probably will, for now at least. But that raises another irritation for me, which is you can't create a link that represents a saved search. 

Evernote is so good, but so frustrating sometimes.  This issue will, for the first time, lead me to investigate other note taking apps. It's that much of an issue for me. 

Calvin 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

I have my less frequently used searches in table in a note.  The note is in my shortcuts bar.  I use PhraseExpress to activate the search, hover over the search term and Press Alt+RightMouse.  I have included the phrase from PE (reasonably self explanatory) and clip of a bit of the table from the note.  FWIW.

ScreenClip.png.7426eba6a956e6787c227b1b3f3c380a.png

• Like 1