Over the upload limit - trying to make room

jigjoose

Idea

I recently went on a major voice recording binge in evernote and hit the upload limit.  I can't record anymore because my sync limit has been reached.

error is: "Evernote has stopped recording because you have reached the maximum size for this note"

So I went through and deleted many of the big audio files and still get the error. Any ideas?

4 replies to this idea

• Ex Employees

Hi @jigjoose. There are two different limits you are referencing:

1. Upload limit: This is the amount of data you can sync to the Evernote service per month. Once you hit the limit, you won't be able to upload any further data until the limit is reset. Here's more info: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005827-FAQ-for-upload-limits
  2. Note limit: There is a limit on the size an individual note can be. Once you hit the limit, no further text or attachments can be added to the note. This will not reset unless you remove data from the specific note. If it's one big audio recording, there's not much you can do except create a new note for additional audio recording.

Here's more info on account limits: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005247

• Level 5

Hi, @jigjoose, and welcome to the forums. @Scott T.'s information should explain the situation. One other point is that it is possible to sign up for Premium on a monthly basis. That will give you the additional upload capacity and note size. At the end of any given month, when you're done voice binging, :) you can revert to Basic. Everything you've uploaded will stay uploaded. However, if you edit a large note, even if you just change a few words, the entire note must sync (since Evernote does not look over your shoulder to see what you're typing), and that can bust note size or upload limits again. So a little pre-planning would be in order (which I guess does conflict with the idea of a binge!).