• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Dzoraimoyo said:

Hi. i am facing an issue when i start Evernote on my Windows PC. Time and again it keeps asking me to drop one of the devices and yet i will be using the same computer. see the screenshot below

Evernote is confused

Revoke access to both devices, then login again

While I have not encountered the problem as a paying user, I have seen the weird duplicates in my account, so once in a while, as DTLow suggested, I go in there and delete things.

You will not lose anything, you will just have to sign on to your devices again.  Or if you prefer, delete only the second Windows entry, then nothing should be affected.  Theoretically at least.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I am having this same issue, but on my phone.

Evernote sends me a message every couple days telling me I’m using too many devices. It lists my iPhone and then my last usage a few minutes prior on the same phone as separate devices. 

This was just a minor minor annoyance for a while, as I’d revoke the previous ghostphone. But now Evernote is only letting you revoke a device a couple times a month? Are you kidding me?

I was going to email tech support about this but then learned you have to have a paying account to even be able to do so. That’s crazy. A dark pattern.

I hope someone might have some advice on this, otherwise it might be time to ditch this app.

On 11/8/2019 at 8:43 PM, Slainwithoutvisibleweapon said:

I was going to email tech support about this but then learned you have to have a paying account to even be able to do so. That’s crazy. A dark pattern.

I never tried, but supposedly anyone can contact them via twitter, and get a response.

• Level 5*
On 11/8/2019 at 5:43 PM, Slainwithoutvisibleweapon said:

It lists my iPhone and then my last usage a few minutes prior on the same phone as separate devices. 

The only advice I have is drop both devices and start fresh

>>I was going to email tech support about this

Twitter @evernotehelps 

• Level 5

Has one of those with this problem tried to quit all devices at the same time, using the web client which is never counted as a device ?

Then uninstall the clients from all devices, restart, reinstall and (in case of a desktop client) rebuild the database from the server from scratch. If it helps, I do not know. But maybe it is worth a try.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, issue resolved.

I was actually able to find a ticket submission option through the Evernote website; I think my browser just failed to load this option the first time.

I apologize for my arrogance - Evernote was actually quite available for me and helped out.

As for the strange tech issue: 

It wasn’t a bug at all - my account was compromised by a third party apparently, so what I needed to do was reset my password.

• Like 1