Encrypted text (web/Chrome) but can't type as all highlighted/shaded

Hi,

I encrypted a note and have a password for that note.  When I open the note on my PC, it works fine. 

However, when I open it in Chrome via the password, I am not able to type new text or edit the text.  As soon as I attempt to type, the previous text is immediately highlighted/shaded and I cannot add or edit.     

Any thoughts as to what my problem might be?

Thank you.

Tom

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, trouwborst said:

I encrypted a note and have a password for that note.

Hi.  Sorry to nitpick but there's no such thing in Evernote as an 'encrypted note'.  It is possible (as I assume you have) to encrypt text in a note so that it appears as an icon rather than the content.  If you click the icon and input the password / pass phrase,  the original text appears.  I've never had the text appear shaded when I type inside the encrypted paragraphs.  What OS and device are you using when this issue appears?  Can you create a test note with a few lines of encrypted random typing and post a screenshot of how the note looks when you can't edit the content?

I have a similar problem.  I have just moved to a chromebook and find I am unable to encrypt and more importantly open already encrypted text.  I now realise I have the same problem when using my android phone.

Is there a solution to this? 

With this problem and the greatly reduced functionality of Evernote on my chromebook I will need to look elsewhere.

• Level 5*
On 11/2/2019 at 3:01 PM, petelov said:

Is there a solution to this? 

Like I said...

On 10/26/2019 at 1:19 AM, gazumped said:

I've never had the text appear shaded when I type inside the encrypted paragraphs.  What OS and device are you using when this issue appears?  Can you create a test note with a few lines of encrypted random typing and post a screenshot of how the note looks when you can't edit the content?