Webclipper notes & link back to original

JHOI

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, JHOI said:

Am I missing something or do webclips not save a link back to the source link of the clip with the note?

Yes, they do; just clipped something yesterday, and the link to the original page appears in note info as usual. Note that the link does not appear in the body of the note; you  have to go to note info to see it.

• 10 months later...

in  the "new" interface to go to the hyperlink of notes that were added using the web clipper it now takes 5 steps :
Click the 3 dots in the top right
Click note info
Click in the url field
Press control A to select the whole link
then right click to select the option to go to that link 

on the previous version it is just displayed in the top right hand corner and you can click on it!

Hey that is so much easier isn't it NOT!!!!

Come on evernote - this is an awful step back.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

This is unbelievable... Is it supposed to be a UI improvement?

Every major update makes this app less useful. If you can't improve it, just leave it as it is.

Do you people use your own app? I don't think so... For me the very reason to use Web clipper is to save a part of the website so I can quickly come back to it later if I need to check additional information or something. Hiding the URL and forcing the user to click 5 times in order to find it is a joke. I pay money for that app for years, have a zillion notes clipped from the web and now my whole workflow is destroyed thanks to these brilliant "improvements".

• 4 months later...

I am so pleased to see that after 6 years this facility is back in the new web version of evernote, front and centre at the top right hand of your note.

They suddenly seem to be listening to their users again and fixing the things that they have left broken in the past.

Thanks Evernote team!