Printing a PDF to EN no longer works

I'm not sure if it's my printer or what, but when I go to Save a PDF to EN in my print menu, it just says that an error occurred. I recently got a new iMac with CatalinaOS.  I use this feature a lot and hate if I have to do a work around to save my PDF's. Any suggestions?

Save PDF to EN error.png

• 2 months later...

I have suddenly started having this problem too. Have been using Catalina since it's release (fully up to date) and my EN install is up to date on 7.14 Does anybody have a solution please?

Interestingly it's only IOS Preview>Evernote that is giving the error message. For example I can print a powerpoint slide direct into EN as a PDF... but if I open same slide in preview and then try to print it to EN it gives the error message above.

Edited by emmabee
additional info
  • Level 5

In my print menu, behind the pdf button I have 3 options related to Evernote:

1) Just labeled „Evernote“

2) Labeled „Save pdf in Evernote“

3) Labeled „Save pdf to Skitch“

The 2 first ones work exactly the same, saving a pdf of the open page in a new note in EN. The 3rd opens the same pdf in Skitch - on closing it there it saves the pdf into a new EN note - however this one in the Skitch notebook.

So I am sorry, I can’t reproduce your issue (MacBook Pro, Catalina 10.15.2, EN 7.14 direct). Maybe issue a support ticket.