2 identical PCs - shortcuts not syncing in either direction.  Notes syncing fine.  "Sync shortcuts" selected on both PCs.  (I alter shortcuts daily).  Anyone else notice it?

Both PCs using Win10 64 bit, EN-Win 6.21.2.8716 (308716) Public (CE Build ce-62.5.9981)

• Level 5*

Hi.  And Hmmn.  Not aware of any other reports,  or issues with my shortcuts,  though mine don't change as frequently as yours;  AFAIK the latest new ones I added replicated to another laptop and various mobile devices without problem.  You could try sync/ uninstall/ restart/ reinstall on both machines (back up your databases folder on one of them first) to see if there's some lingering glitch on one or both that's causing the blockage.

(If you haven't done one before,  a clean re-install takes about a half-hour)

I'd recommend contacting Support first though - if they know about this sort of thing they may be able to help you,  and if it's a new issue,  they might want copies of your logs before you trash them.

https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new

• 1 month later...

@bradsayers:  daily shortcut updates arise from my "daylog" habit.  I always wanted EN to function as what I call a Police Force Database... I want to know "what's the history/status of the Orient Express case" (here EN excels) but also "What was Sgt. O'Donnel doing at 1230 Hrs on  22 Nov 1963" (here EN frustrates).  So daylog, poor-man's approximation.

@Gazumped:  Tried support, not much help.  Described behavior exactingly, sent logs, they're - well, "gazumped".  Uninstalled/reinstalled EN completely, same behavior.  One of my apparently-identical machines has an additional EN glitch:  hangs temporarily when switching between sync'd notebooks.  Likewise not cured by reinstall.  I'm at the point of suspecting an i/o issue on my SSD (yes both machines' SSDs are identically provisioned).

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Schooner said:

but also "What was Sgt. O'Donnel doing at 1230 Hrs on  22 Nov 1963" (here EN frustrates)

Off topic, but I'm not seeing the problem here
My naming standard for note titles is:    subject-date type keywords [description]
I assume there's a tag for personnel (Sgt. O'Donnel)
An example note is      1964-11-22T12:30 Log 10-41 

@DTLow (yes we're off-topic, but - interesting).  Not bad, I use "pseudotags" in similar fashion EN & Wunderlist though I've abandoned any attempt at standardized titles (annoying when clipping to EN).  The limitation is that only "note-worthy" staff activities are thus captured.  Inescapably, the fundamental record in EN is the "note".  My "Fantasy EN" would offer line-by-line tagged entries in a journal (daylog) note which could be isolated & rolled up into a project record by simply searching for the tag.  One record might be a full note (O'Donnel's report of 2019.12.16), another might be little more than an incidental annotation ("called McCluskey, voxmail says on vacation till 2019.12.31").

/Schooner

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm also having this issue. Shortcuts I add to Evernote for Windows do not show up anywhere else. Adding shortcuts works fine between iOS and Web and Mac. If I change my shortcuts on any of those devices, they will sync and also replace my Windows shortcuts with that shortcut list. It seems like the Windows client is not uploading any shortcut changes but still downloading shortcut changes. I've tried clean re-installing Evernote, disabling HTTP Batch Request, made sure "Sync Shortcuts" is enabled in Evernote... Not sure what the solution is.

On 9/12/2020 at 7:47 PM, salmasi said:

If I change my shortcuts on any of those devices, they will sync and also replace my Windows shortcuts with that shortcut list

this is exactly what I was finding. A few weeks ago, I submitted a ticket and after some back and forths, was told that they understood the issue and will work on it. In the meantime they said, to make my shortcuts on the other devices rather than the desktop version. I'm now in the habit of doing that but I still use the desktop version a lot and would like it to work.

4 hours ago, bradsayers said:

this is exactly what I was finding. A few weeks ago, I submitted a ticket and after some back and forths, was told that they understood the issue and will work on it. In the meantime they said, to make my shortcuts on the other devices rather than the desktop version. I'm now in the habit of doing that but I still use the desktop version a lot and would like it to work.

Glad to know it isn't just me. I hope this bug gets fixed, it is very frustrating to need to use the Webapp to manage shortcuts when I'm working from the desktop version. If you've had this issue since December, I'm not very optimistic it will be resolved anytime soon.

• 3 months later...