Disappearing text in Evernote Web

Strangest issue I've ever encountered in EN. I recently installed Linux Mint on my machine and since I can't use the Evernote desktop program in there, I signed into the web. Now, whenever I add text to a note, it vanishes as soon as I surf away from that note. I mean, it's immediate. For the life of me, it seems like it's waiting for me to hit "save" or click the little checkmark like you see in the Android EN app. I'm completely stymies by this. I've searched the forum, combed through the settings and can't find anything addressing the problem of text that won't stick. I can't imagine it's a Linux thing because everything else works as expected in the Firefox web browser. Again, it looks like it wants me to save every time I enter new text, but there's no option for that anywhere. A syncing issue? I have no idea. I'm stymied. if anyone has any insight, I've love to hear it.

• Level 5

I should probably get this from your post, but when the text disappears, is it gone for good, or when you click back to a note does it reappear? I agree that this is mystifying; I know nothing about Linux, so can't comment on that.

You're right that there is no manual "saving" in the Web version; its' automatic. I notice, while I'm typing, a little note at the bottom from time to time saying that it is saving.

This may well have to do with which version of the Web interface you're using. You can switch between "Beta" and "Classic" with the button at bottom right of the Evernote window. You can switch to the "Previous version" by clicking on the icon with your initial at top left. Perhaps one of the other choices will work better than what you're currently using. (And apologies if you've already tried this.)

59 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I should probably get this from your post, but when the text disappears, is it gone for good, or when you click back to a note does it reappear? I agree that this is mystifying; I know nothing about Linux, so can't comment on that.

You're right that there is no manual "saving" in the Web version; its' automatic. I notice, while I'm typing, a little note at the bottom from time to time saying that it is saving.

This may well have to do with which version of the Web interface you're using. You can switch between "Beta" and "Classic" with the button at bottom right of the Evernote window. You can switch to the "Previous version" by clicking on the icon with your initial at top left. Perhaps one of the other choices will work better than what you're currently using. (And apologies if you've already tried this.)

I have not tried that, so thank you for this tip. I'll try it right away and see if it makes a difference. What a nice easy fix THAT would  be.

The text is gone for good once it vanishes. It doesn't appear at all on my other devices. But if I enter text in EN on my phone, for instance, it will stick across all platforms. It's only in the web version where the problem exists. I'll try that beta and see if there's any difference. Thanks again.

Update: Well, huh. Text seems to stick in the Beta version. That was ridiculously simple. Good call, D-in-D.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
49 minutes ago, LaFlamme said:

I have not tried that, so thank you for this tip. I'll try it right away and see if it makes a difference. What a nice easy fix THAT would  be.

The text is gone for good once it vanishes. It doesn't appear at all on my other devices. But if I enter text in EN on my phone, for instance, it will stick across all platforms. It's only in the web version where the problem exists. I'll try that beta and see if there's any difference. Thanks again.

Update: Well, huh. Text seems to stick in the Beta version. That was ridiculously simple. Good call, D-in-D.

Interesting -- I thought I'd heard more of problems with the Beta (as you might think). I presume you were using the "Classic" before? Anyway, glad it's fixed!

4 minutes ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Interesting -- I thought I'd heard more of problems with the Beta (as you might think). I presume you were using the "Classic" before? Anyway, glad it's fixed!

Yeah, I always stick with classic when I can. In this case, if it easily fixes a bug, I'll make the upgrade. Hey, thanks again for the help.

• Like 1