• Level 5*

If all of your Notes were in sync'd NB, then all of them should still be in the EN Cloud, and most likely are also still on your Mac -- and some macOS or Evernote bug is preventing them from showing.

Here are some troubleshooting steps.  Do each step, then open EN Mac and test for your notes

1. Make sure you are signed into Evernote with the same account as you were previously using on your Mac.
    1. If you have more than one Evernote account, and are not sure which one to use,
      1. goto Evernote.com
      2. Login to the EN Web app with each account login until you find the account you want on the Mac
  2. Restart EN Mac.
  3. Restart your Mac.
  4. Reindex your Notes in EN Mac
    1. Open EN Mac
    2. Hold down OPT key and click on Help menu
    3. Goto Troubleshooting > Recreate Full Text Search Index
      1. 2019-10-18_12-29-02.png.42670f117fddc86a304d545f6b81fd08.png
    4. This could take a few hours, even a day, depending on how many Notes you have
  5. If all else fails, then do a clean reinstall using a app uninstall tool like AppDelete
    1. Before you start, backup/export all of your Local Notebooks to ENEX files (one per NB).
    2. Don't manually move EN Mac app to the trash
    3. Use the app uninstall tool to move to trash the EN Mac app and ALL related files.
    4. Restart your Mac
    5. Download the latest EN Mac version from the Evernote.com web site
    6. Install and open EN Mac
    7. It will automatically download all of your Notes from the EN Cloud.
    8. After all Notes are sync'd, then import the ENEX files (if any) from Step #1.

If at any point you are not comfortable with proceeding, submit an  Evernote Support Ticket, report the issue, and ask for help.

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Viciousdreamer said:

Since updating to Catalinia, I have lost all my notebooks on my desktop version and it will not sync with my online version. All the content seems to be online? Am I missing something stupid????

Make sure you're using the same userid/password on the Mac and Web

You mentioned notebooks.  What about other elements; notes, tags, shortcuts, ...?

Thank you, I will give that a try, 

On 10/18/2019 at 8:09 PM, DTLow said:

Make sure you're using the same userid/password on the Mac and Web

You mentioned notebooks.  What about other elements; notes, tags, shortcuts, ...?

No nothing, its completely empty 

I added some notes in the online version the other day and they are now showing on the desktop version, but none of the older ones??? 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Viciousdreamer said:

I added some notes in the online version the other day and they are now showing on the desktop version, but none of the older ones??? 

Try a forced sync

Hold down `OPTION` + `SHIFT` on your keyboard and press the sync wheel on your toolbar

48 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Try a forced sync

Hold down `OPTION` + `SHIFT` on your keyboard and press the sync wheel on your toolbar

No nothing... but thank you for all your help....

I am having to go through each note individually and share it with myself, tried the share notebook, but that's not working either... very time consuming...  

• Level 5*
9 minutes ago, Viciousdreamer said:

I am having to go through each note individually and share it with myself

Are you using two different accounts?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Viciousdreamer said:

I am having to go through each note individually and share it with myself ...  no, the same one (account)

Please explain the share process; usually it's between two accounts

I open, the web based EN go into each note, click share, type in my email and send, then it appears on my desktop version... I am logged into the same account online & desktop.

An just to confuse matters, I have just logged into my iPad version, and all the original notebooks are on that??? 

Talk about confusing!!!