Edit Tags Keyboard Shortcut Not Working in Catalina

Version 7.13 (458080 Direct)
Editor: 69.1.8237 (1f0aea9)

macOS 10.15 (19A602) (latest supplement included as of today)

Just completed a fresh install of Catalina on my iMac.

After installing Evernote and testing it, I find the other keyboard shortcuts that I use regularly (Command-Ctrl-M, Command-L, etc.) are working fine but the Edit Tags shortcut (Command-') does nothing.

I can see the shortcut in the "Note" menu next to "Edit Note Tags"

I checked System preferences and cannot find any conflicts under Keyboard shortcuts. Indeed nothing happens at all when I press the key combination regardless of the context.

I've reinstalled Evernote (just deleted the app from the applications folder and re-downloaded it and dropped the new copy into applications).

I've restarted the Mac multiple times (for various other reasons as I've been installing other software as part of my fresh install).

I'm plumb out of ideas at this point. I really prefer to either use the mouse only OR the keyboard only as much as possible, so my workflow is missing this helpful little shortcut.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

Marc

• Level 5*
50 minutes ago, Marc B said:

After installing Evernote and testing it, I find the other keyboard shortcuts that I use regularly (Command-Ctrl-M, Command-L, etc.) are working fine but the Edit Tags shortcut (Command-') does nothing.

This shortcut works on my Mac512456644_ScreenShot2019-10-16at22_39_01.png.99af42352128147f7a331fb334e5c7e7.png

You can contact Evernote support at https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action

Hi DTLow,

I see the same thing in the menu system and it works if I select it from there.

So you’re finding that hitting Command-‘ works just fine for you then?

I was hoping to avoid a complete uninstall of Evernote. 

Marc

• 5 months later...

Just to wind this up. I eventually migrated to Mojave and rebuilt my Mac from scratch. I was never able to regain the Cmd-' functionality so I just enlisted BTT (Better Touch Tool) and created a Cmd-' keyboard shortcut that invoked the menu shortcuts: Note; Edit; Note Tags.

It's seamless and is a proper workaround for this bug.

Regards,

Marc

• 5 months later...