SUBJECT FIELD - HOW TO EDIT?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, NWEvern said:

There is a subject field in the columns but I cannot find anywhere to add information into subject field?

This is a field in the note metadata; Subject Date

It can also be used in searches

Evernote doesn't makes it easy to access/edit this field; I use Applescript on a Mac

For easier access, I also store the subject date in two other locations

• Prepended to the note title1379415873_ScreenShot2019-10-15at06_32_02.png.6b32140ad91ecd4f211af049b567f284.png
  • Appended to the note contents (copy of note metadata)

I actually need some sort of field that I can add a quick summary about the article I am capturing and it can display in that list view as one of the columns. I guess that is not possible? I was hoping subject field would be that.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, NWEvern said:

I actually need some sort of field that I can add a quick summary about the article I am capturing and it can display in that list view as one of the columns. I guess that is not possible? I was hoping subject field would be that.

There's other metadata fields; for example Author

• Level 5*

In Windows Desktop the only fields to which users have easy are listed under the 'i' icon...

ScreenClip.png.bc6a85b377669d1a030e1627e37d1e08.png

It's easy to get rid of the 'subject' column if you don't need it - just right-click on the title line in List view and untick that option...

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, gazumped said:

In Windows Desktop the only fields to which users have easy are listed under the 'i' icon...

Can someone post a list of the fields available in list view (Windows)
We still don't have a full list on Macs

7 hours ago, NWEvern said:

One place to write a summary for a note is the URL field (can be sorted as "sort Url"). 

It seems it is not searchable though, so not sure how useful that would be.

• 2 years later...