How to adjust note R & L print margins

[10/14/19 @ 15:34 EST}

Tools>Options>Notes or Tools>Options>Printing do not allow me to adjust the margins which are set by default to 1-1/2" which is a great waste of paper. Can the Evernote Team help to eliminate this useless waste of paper when printing Notes?

4 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

Check the File menu, Page Setup.

Cheers for that.  I've never looked into this before, as never had need to print my notes, but your advice worked perfect, and I noticed the page setup margin adjustments made, also applied to PDF's, when using the 'Print to PDF' function, nice.

• Like 1

Dave-in-Decatur

RavBoy

Thanks for the solution to my problem. My other apps use the Page Setup to set the margins, but since Evernote uses the Options Menu, I did not check for Page Setup. Does it seem odd to have to check in more than one menu to configure the app for printing?

• Level 5
1 hour ago, EV win10 user said:

Dave-in-Decatur

RavBoy

Thanks for the solution to my problem. My other apps use the Page Setup to set the margins, but since Evernote uses the Options Menu, I did not check for Page Setup. Does it seem odd to have to check in more than one menu to configure the app for printing?

It does kind of seem like they could consolidate that all in one place, I agree.

Please explain how File-->Page Setup functions. My attempts to change the Paper Size to 'Half Letter' or '4 x 6 in' result in File -->Print Preview paper sizes of 8-1/2 x 11 only, although Orientation functions. User-Defined paper size is non-functional. Why have the long drop-down list of available sizes that cannot change the paper size? It looks good until you try it.

• Level 5
2 hours ago, EV win10 user said:

Please explain how File-->Page Setup functions. My attempts to change the Paper Size to 'Half Letter' or '4 x 6 in' result in File -->Print Preview paper sizes of 8-1/2 x 11 only, although Orientation functions. User-Defined paper size is non-functional. Why have the long drop-down list of available sizes that cannot change the paper size? It looks good until you try it.

I'm going to answer this here rather than in the separate thread you also started. Double posting can lead to confusion.

I've never tried this before, but in a brief test I found the same thing as you. Can't explain it--just something that apparently isn't fully hooked up yet. There are a few things in the Windows editor that are problematic, and this looks like another one. Can you manually adjust the margins to get a size close to what you want? I think that is working.

{10/22/19 @ 20:25 EDT}

Don Dz,

Thanks for the comment but I am talking about File-->Print to PDF and  File-->Print Preview. You should try to change the page size yourself, then you will understand. Why have an extensive drop-down list of page sizes in File--> Page Setup that have no functional significance? I would not pay for a PLUS subscription for Evernote. I could spend hours of my time every week just describing errors that I have discovered in Evernote. I will probably be a BASIC (free) user far into the future. I am getting what I am paying for--the question is: are PLUS subscribers?

Your identical post in the other discussion did not mention PDF when I moved my response here, sorry.

I really don't think Page Setup is intended for the built in PDF function. The extensive print size options that you mention come from the default printer driver, not from Evernote. 

Basically you need to install a PDF printer driver, then you would use File/Print/Preferences as I mentioned.  My scanner came with Nuance PDF, and it handles custom sizes just fine. There are a number of freeware PDF drivers online to choose from.

If you don't want to try a driver, you could try to resize your PDF file to the size you need using Adobe Acrobat, or better yet,  transfer the EN note to Word and do it from there.   

I think Word is a better option than direct print to PDF with a driver, because of formatting issues.

I hope the above is of some help.

Nothing wrong with a Basic account.

• Level 5

Leaving PDF out of it, I just tried changing the page size to Envelope #10 and printing to paper, and the result was still letter size. That function (File > Page Setup) works WRT margins, but not paper size or orientation (changing to landscape doesn't change the output). Now, that may indeed reflect a failure to communicate with the printer driver; I don't know anything about that. And I agree that Word (or another word processor; they do exist, you know) gives much more control over formatting and printing. But if those options are present in the dialog, they ought to work.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm asking the same question. How does one set the print margins for printing notes with the current version? 

There is no "Tools>Options..." in the menu as mentioned above.

There is no "File menu> Page Setup" as mentioned above.

When I Print, I always get "No preview available" (this is the only ap that happens with)