Related Results not showing in Firefox for Google searches

I do have the "Show Evernote content related to my web searches" ticked in the Firefox Evernote Webclipper extension.  However, no results from evernote ever show up for me when doing Google searches.  I've re-installed the app, toggled the setting, and noted that on the Evernote Webclipper extension reviews, I found other people saying this feature doesn't work for them.

Is this not working in the Firefox exention, or is there some option within Firefox that is somehow blocking this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

I just tested this in Opera, and I don't see any results either, in Google or in Duck Duck Go. Honestly, I'm not sure how it's supposed to work--where in the search results is it supposed to appear? The Help article says, "When you perform a search in Google, Yahoo!, Bing, or other search engines, Evernote presents related notes alongside your search engine results." Doesn't seem to be working.

It appears as a separate column to the right of Google search results:

image.thumb.png.dafc09777546e1e859203f6e06acfa33.png

This is what I see in Google Chrome.  Everything is working as intended.  Same Evernote account.  Logged into both web clippers.  The only difference is Firefox vs Chrome.

• Level 5
19 hours ago, Zaxon said:

This is what I see in Google Chrome.  Everything is working as intended.  Same Evernote account.  Logged into both web clippers.  The only difference is Firefox vs Chrome.

Or Opera. Thanks for showing how it's supposed to work. It looks really nice, and useful. Hopefully it will eventually spread to other browsers.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having exactly the same problem.  Extension shows related articles on a Google search just fine in Chrome.  In Firefox it shows nothing.

According to everything I've found on Evernote's own support site, it's supposed to be working for all browsers.  And this feature has been around for *years*.  So I can only imagine (hope?) it is a recent bug due to some of the changes with Firefox.

In any case, I hope it gets resolved quickly.

• Level 5

Probably this is related to the browsers going more and more „stealthy“ with newer versions. Firefox for example introduced more features to block unwanted content with release 70. Other browsers are on the same track. I have not tried it yet (because I do not use the related stuff function), but i think you can „whitelist“ evernote in the browser privacy settings.

It would be nice if anybody who finds out how would post a solution in this thread.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I tried all of the things suggested here, including whitelisting evernote in Firefox security settings, to no avail. However, I did get it to work in Firefox another way, briefly. Once, when I used Bing instead of Google for a search I got the Evernote related content to show up. I could not reproduce that a second time though, even though searching the same thing. Very odd.

This leads me to thinking that the issue might be related to search engines. Perhaps Google wants to keep the real estate on our search page dedicated to adds and shopping? I'll keep experimenting with Bing search and see if I can get it to work again. Hopefully someone will help us recover this feature. I really miss it and would switch search engines for it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5

I just tried this again, using Google, DuckDuckGo, and Bing, in both Opera and Firefox, searching for two different search terms, each of which is in a title of one of my notes. Nada. Evidently it's only working in Chrome, which I don't use (because Google). Nothing to do but wait for them to get it running in other browsers.

• Ex Employees

So I just tried this myself. The currently released Firefox version (6.x) does not show related notes. Chrome and Safari have our newer Clipper release (7.x). I installed our internal build for Firefox 7.x and confirmed that the related notes properly show up. We are still working on the release of 7.x for Firefox. I don't have an exact release date, though. But it's in the pipeline. Unfortunately, we aren't releasing any more 6.x versions, so you won't see a fix for this before we release 7.x.

• 1 month later...
On 1/17/2020 at 2:18 AM, Scott T. said:

So I just tried this myself. The currently released Firefox version (6.x) does not show related notes. Chrome and Safari have our newer Clipper release (7.x). I installed our internal build for Firefox 7.x and confirmed that the related notes properly show up. We are still working on the release of 7.x for Firefox. I don't have an exact release date, though. But it's in the pipeline. Unfortunately, we aren't releasing any more 6.x versions, so you won't see a fix for this before we release 7.x.

Where i can download beta of  7.x.?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/7/2020 at 2:07 AM, Scott T. said:

Hi @OmtatSat. I can't comment on specific release schedules. I only know that the team is working on the new Firefox client.

Looking forward to the new extension version. The feature of relevant web search results is critical.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I landed on here after realising how much I miss this feature.

It works on Safari with google search, but not on safari with Duck Duck Go (nor Brave with DDG). With Duck Duck Go's increasing  popularity, is there a chance that this feature can be adapted to work with DDG please?

• 8 months later...

I want to up this request. I think it is time to support other search engine providers who honour privacy and are lean. I myself would like to use duck duck go, but I am stuck to using google search to see evernote search results too

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Evernote Web Clipper 7.26.3, Firefox ESR 102.4.0 x64.

Related results are only displayed when additional Google offers are available. Please add the ability to always show related results. I think if the iframe with the related results can be moved around the page by dragging with the mouse, that should be enough for any side effects of suboptimal placement of the message with the related results. It would also be nice to be able to add any search sites that would display related results.

Screen Shot 11-12-22 at 09.52 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 11-12-22 at 09.51 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 11-12-22 at 09.49 AM.PNG

3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You mean - show EN account hits if Google finds nothing ? Are you kidding ???

20 Fantastillion hits in 2.3 seconds is the norm, isn’t it ?

probably didn't express it clearly

look at the first screenshot, it should show EN but it is not shown, because there is no section titled "Возможно, вы искали" and "Board international" EN is only showed above these kind of "additional Google offers" extra search results, suggestions sections.

Second screenshot demonstrated that EN can show even empty(which is normal) Related results message if there is section kind of "additional Google offers" extra search results, suggestions sections titled "Возможно, вы искали" and "Board international".

I asked for in situation(there is no "additional Google offers"...), like in first screenshot, EN message must be showed even empty(if there is no related search results) too, like in second screenshot or like in third screenshot if there is related results.

• 2 months later...

January 2023 - ANYONE having this problem again?  I am and need help.

windows 10 - fresh install

tried on chrome / opera / edge 

latest extension installed from chrome store

checked permissions on clipper  

tried reinstall of both main program and extension

Can not get related results to show up - WHAT CAN I TRY?

I contacted support. After a few days of the common copy and paste support help to explain, sent requested screenshots, deleted cookies, reinstalled and sent console print out from the search page ... *and a few more days of waiting* .. they said they were sending my issue to technical support. 

It's been almost a week and I have not heard back.  

I tested Memex extension - as it shows related results on the search page and it worked fine.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

This feature is breaking regularly. I wonder why? What are we paying evernote for? Their improvements are not massive in the last years. I've been using evernote for more than a decade and this feature is one of the most useful ones, but it increasingly fails work and evernote does not seem to listen to their users anymore. Just the normal way of treating acquired users I guess...all the same

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, BeEfficient said:

does it work better now?

Nope. Don't work at all, even that worked cases, that i show in prev messages don't work in latest version.

But I found a Memex in this thread and it works well! You can also import bookmarks from the browser and show them in suggestions, that's cool!