Safari 13 will not launch Evernote

In Safari 12, if I clicked an Evernote link (like https://www.evernote.com/shard/s120/nl/12898921/1af64752-7621-4b46-a991-fef561738ea6/), Safari would offer to launch Evernote for Mac, and then Evernote would display the appropriate Note.

In Safari 13, however, no "Open Evernote?" dialog appears, and my only option is to log into the Web client.

Is there a way to fix this? Could this be a function of the Web Clipper not being loaded?

20 minutes ago, Calion said:

In Safari 12, if I clicked an Evernote link (like https://www.evernote.com/shard/s120/nl/12898921/1af64752-7621-4b46-a991-fef561738ea6/), Safari would offer to launch Evernote for Mac, and then Evernote would display the appropriate Note.

In Safari 13, however, no "Open Evernote?" dialog appears, and my only option is to log into the Web client.

Is there a way to fix this? Could this be a function of the Web Clipper not being loaded?

Try again and make sure you're not missing this popup permissions message. I missed it the first time after upgrading Safari. After I clicked Allow everything worked like it should.

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 11.46.39 AM.png

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Sayre Ambrosio said:

It might be the versions of each you're using. I'm running macOS 10.15 and Safari 13.0.2

Maybe, but Safari 13.0.2 doesn't fix the problem, and I won't be upgrading to Catalina for some time. This should work in Mojave.

26 minutes ago, Calion said:

Maybe, but Safari 13.0.2 doesn't fix the problem, and I won't be upgrading to Catalina for some time. This should work in Mojave.

You're right, it should. I always find it odd when some have problems and others don't. I'm forever curious about it, but don't know enough to dig. Hope fully it sorts itself out soon or you are able to find an answer.