Important note completely disappeared

Teeteto

Idea

As above. I'm using the free version of Evernote. Never happened to me before.
The note is not in the trash, and can't be found anywhere even in the web version. How do I fix this? Please advise, I really need the content.

7 replies to this idea

I have this problem too, although content is showing up on the web -- just not on my computer app.  When I search on the app  it shows how many results, but nothing shows up in the sidebar (or whatever it's called cause it's in the middle, not the side, where there's a box for each note.) 

• Level 5
17 hours ago, friedap00 said:

I have this problem too, although content is showing up on the web -- just not on my computer app.  When I search on the app  it shows how many results, but nothing shows up in the sidebar (or whatever it's called cause it's in the middle, not the side, where there's a box for each note.) 

If you haven't yet, try completely exiting the app: File menu, then Exit. (The red X box at the top right only closes the interface.) Another way to do this is to close all Evernote processes in Task Manager; or reboot the computer. Such restarts often work to restore proper functioning, by flushing out any erroneous Evernote-related stuff lodged in the computer's memory.

Thanks for responding, Dave. I was a bit puzzled about your response cause on my computer File menu doesn't go to Exit,  there is no red X box at the top right and I don't know what Task Manager is.  Then I realized your advice may be for a PC. My bad - I'll remember to say I'm on a Mac next time.

It's always great to reach out and have another set of eyes helping out.  As it happens, I had a software update to do, which calls for rebooting. That must have been it, because the search box is working again.

So I'm happy that you extended yourself to help, and that one of those things was cross-platform and seems to have done the trick!

I'm using the free version of Evernote.

The content of my note is completely disappeared, just leave with an empty note, and can't be found anywhere even in the web version.

How do I fix this? Please advise, I really need the content.

Thank you.