Links within notes

soralsokal

Idea

I use an Index note where I have something like this which allows me to jump to a note within a notebook. 

What I'm wondering, however, is there a way to create one of these hyperlinks within a note? For example, let's say that my note Applying to College was really long. Could I put a couple of key words at the top of the note and link them to a particular section that might be 5 or 6 or 7 screens lower?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

Chip

image.thumb.png.6bbaa551c00ac2632954c898a132f32f.png

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, ChipM said:

is there a way to create one of these hyperlinks within a note?

I merged your post with an ongoing discussion    
Such hyperlinks are not supported

• Like 1
On 12/21/2020 at 6:04 PM, tavor said:

Not to mention they were preoccupied with distractions like selling bags, socks and mugs.  

Because we know that the people who sold bags, socks and mugs were actually top programmers who should have been adding features ...

• Level 5

Currently best practice would be to split a note when it grows larger and larger, and link the segmented notes together. Since there are no backlinks (hello Roam), the links need to be created manually in both directions. A table of content note can be created by using a legacy client.

Another way to group the parts together would be by adding a tag to all of them, and use a saved search to call them quickly.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

A table of content note can be created by using a legacy client.

It's still possible in v10 (apparently)...  I just use a title line to link notes together.  Dates (IMHO) are a good 'keyword' so in a possibly long meeting note I'd probably set up a note with "20210312 - meeting -" as a heading and just copy the original and add a 1/2/3 etc to signify the order.  Search the date and ToC the list and your rmeeting is indexed for future annotation...

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, ehrt74 said:

Because we know that the people who sold bags, socks and mugs were actually top programmers who should have been adding features ...

I really shouldn't have to explain this. Resources are finite, are they not? If a company pours some of its finite resources (funds, CEO mindshare, etc.) into merchandising, that necessarily reduces resources available for other pursuits.

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Since there are no backlinks (hello Roam)

Also Joplin, where you can have automatically displayed in every note the backlinks to other notes. Plus it's very easy to create links to other notes without switching notes and without your hands ever leaving the keyboard. And it has outline view as well.

Evernote, by not having backlinks, very easy note linking or outline view, is miles behind the competition in this regard.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
50 minutes ago, tavor said:

I really shouldn't have to explain this

We're not talking Elon Musk here - I have no inside info,  but my guess would be Evernote bought a corporate package from an online retailer who produced and warehoused the goods and fulfilled all deliveries.  Not likely that any management time was spent choosing colours or licking stamps.  Plus all that ended 5 years and two CEOs ago,  so they've had time to regroup...

• Like 1
  • Level 5

No in-note TOC yet.

We hope that it means something that EN introduced 3 header level with v10. It would be a logical next step to use the headers to read the information to create a TOC at the beginning of a note, and provide a „go to“ option.

Not there, and nothing announced yet.

• Like 1