What happened to Capture Selection from Screen?

Before today, I've been able to right-click inside a note and select the option "Capture Selection from Screen" (either that or something similar). This would allow me to drag my mouse around a region of the screen and instantly put that screenshot into my note. But ever since I updated Evernote this morning (to version 7.13), that very useful feature is missing from my right-click menu. What happened to it, and where can I find it again? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Similarly infuriated at this loss. I use this feature all the time.

Using Grab and copy is a distinct hit on my workflow.

Also, the Import Image command has been broken for a long time, on two different Macs I have noticed it apparently freezing Evernote for minutes, eventually saw the alert below.

Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 9.28.19 am.png

On 9/30/2019 at 3:00 PM, mysterion said:

Before today, I've been able to right-click inside a note and select the option "Capture Selection from Screen" (either that or something similar). This would allow me to drag my mouse around a region of the screen and instantly put that screenshot into my note. But ever since I updated Evernote this morning (to version 7.13), that very useful feature is missing from my right-click menu. What happened to it, and where can I find it again? Thanks.

I never really use this feature, but I know what you're talking about. Could be it is related to the clipper not being installed if you are running Safari 13.

On 10/9/2019 at 4:01 PM, DTLow said:

I use command-shift-4 and command-shift-5

They don't (normally) pull the selection directly into your message at the current location. They require you to 

- go to the Finder

- Show Desktop

- Find the screenshot file

- make the current note visible as a drag target

- drag the screenshot file into that location

Ahh, but you may say you can set the Save location for your screenshots to go to Clipboard

True, but that then means, as I'm busy writing and want to quickly grab an illustration in my current note, I have to stop and think can I throw away whatever is in the clipboard

It's all about breaking the flow with Evernote Annoyances.

• Level 5

@AndyDentThree remarks:

1) The assumption that this may be related to the Clipper issue may be valid. To prove it, a support ticket would be helpful

2) On a MacBook Pro with a Touch Bar it is very easy to make screen copies, as well as by using the shortcuts. Usually they go to the desktop, but there can be selected another target, like a special folder or the clipboard. Yes, it is an effort to move this from there into a place in EN.

3) To be able to hold more than one issue at the clipboard at once, I use the app Yoink (MacOS and iOS). It allows to store up to 100 clipboard snaps of all kind, and go back to them to use them somewhere. You could copy a number of picks in a row, and move them later into their spots in EN. Maybe this could help straighten your workflow.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, AndyDent said:

Ahh, but you may say you can set the Save location for your screenshots to go to Clipboard

True, but that then means, as I'm busy writing and want to quickly grab an illustration in my current note, I have to stop and think can I throw away whatever is in the clipboard

I use both methods with the command-shift shortcuts

• Save to clipboard
  • Save to image on the desktop

Another solution is the Evernote Helper which saves multiple images