Web client only prints one page

isolecki

Since the release of the new version of the web client a few weeks ago, I find that any time I print a note, only the first page actually prints. It seems as if the client sizes the "viewing area" for the note to the size of one printed page, and then prints what you can see in that view, but then the second page is just blank (with the usual printer header information).

I've tried Chrome and Firefox, different printers, full-screen vs. sidebar, and all have the same issue.

I see posts on this board from months ago reporting similar problems, but I only started encountering this after the latest web client update a few weeks ago. I have been printing a note or two every week out of the web client for years now without trouble.

Any suggestions? I've attached an example of what it looks like when I print to PDF so you can see what I mean - the exact same issue happens on paper.

All Notes - Evernote Web - lorem.pdf

• Level 5*

Hi.  As a work-around you should be able to move back to the previous version of Evernote in Settings;  but Evernote Web doesn't have a print process - you're using the browser settings to print.  Is there anything in the options of the browser(s) that you could alter?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there - just wanted to let you (and anyone else) know that this solved my problem. Thank you!!

I'm not picky about version so I'll just use the old one as long as Evernote lets me. Doesn't really answer the question of "why" but sufficed to say it seems to be something about the new version (and not, for example, a coincidentally-timed browser update).

• 3 months later...

What a pain that you can't print more than 1 page, why has this not been fixed. I have to select note and copy to a new word document to print! Even with that the images never copy first time, so i often need to do screen garbs for them. It's a farce.

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, boardtc said:

why has this not been fixed

Possibly because no-one reported that as an issue thus far. The web client is 'in development' so new and better versions should be out soon.  Meantime easy workarounds exist like using the installed desktop version,  or copy/ pasting to a new app as you already found.

20 hours ago, gazumped said:

Possibly because no-one reported that as an issue thus far. The web client is 'in development' so new and better versions should be out soon.  Meantime easy workarounds exist like using the installed desktop version,  or copy/ pasting to a new app as you already found.

No one reported? What about this thread? Are the company not involved with this board? The workarounds are not easy since the images do not copy from the web in my experience. One can't always use the desktop version as it can only be installed on one machine if not premium.

• Level 5*
56 minutes ago, boardtc said:

What about this thread? Are the company not involved with this board?

This thread is two users long,  and while the company provide and support this board it's not an alternative route to technical support. An employee will read your comments,  but there are a lot of threads to get through...

Upgrades to all clients should (I'm guessing) be out in a couple of months,  but until then what you see is all you get. 🙁

• Level 5
On 1/21/2020 at 9:21 AM, boardtc said:

What a pain that you can't print more than 1 page, why has this not been fixed. I have to select note and copy to a new word document to print! Even with that the images never copy first time, so i often need to do screen garbs for them. It's a farce.

What Web browser are you using? Using Opera, I find that I can in fact print out all pages of a note in the Web beta. Printing is really a browser function with the Web interface, not an Evernote function. But of course Evernote must interact properly with the browser, and perhaps the issue lies there.

• 1 year later...

Not sure if this is the same problem or not but all of a sudden I was only able to print the first page of notes.  Tried it on a different machine and had the same problem. But I figured out what was happening.  If I selected the note and attempted to print (from within evernote or the browser), I would only get the first page.  I was able to print all the pages IF I selected within the note (like about to edit text), then I was able to print all the pages. Hope this helps

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1