iPhone upgrade to 13.0 causing issue with dictation

I have been using Evernote for 7 months.  I dictate notes from client meetings on my iPhone XR.  Never had an issue.  iPhone updated to iOS 13.0 two days ago.  Now, when I begin dictation, after first word the cursor resets to the beginning of the note and stops.  Quite useless for my application without dictation.  I tested voice dictation with "Notes" app on my iPhone and it worked fine, so I'm assuming the issue is somewhere in the compatibility between Evernote and the new iPhone update.  Any guidance would be most appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@Kevin O'Neill Just tried it under iPadOS 13.1 on my iPad Pro, EN ver. 8.24.

Used the microphone symbol on the virtual keyboard. The first line of dictation came out good, beginning from the second and further lines mayor parts of the spoken text are missing from the transcription. The missing parts are always full words, often several of them in a row, so probably the conversion into full words is too slow to follow.

This clearly is not what I would expect. My iPhone is locked by a syncing process, so I can’t try. 

And yes, it seems to be related to EN, because the same dictation in Apple notes worked like a charm.

I do not use the dictation often (maybe I should ...). Could you issue a support ticket on this ?

• 5 weeks later...

Having exactly the same problem. The recent update has rendered Evernote dictation useless. It cuts off then the cursor jumps to the top, with the brief dictation resembling nothing spoken. It’s the main program I use since about 2014, so full of files, and I am severely disabled and unable to type without the dictation. Is there any work around or are they working on this?

I was hoping there would be solution of bug fix by now.  I know a number of people using iPhone dictation with Evernote having the same issue.  My iphone voice to text dictation works fine in other apps... so I assume this unique to Evernote after the iPhone upgrade.   Interesting also is that I can dictate the note title without issue, it is only in the body of the note that this cursor reset occurs.  Seems like this is an Evernote issue to me. The only interim alternate approach I found is to dictate my meeting summaries using iPhone notes app, then copy and paste to Evernote. Not a sustainable alterntative

I'll continue with this clumsy approach while searching for an alternative app, or until someone at Evernote will acknowledge the issue and provide a fix, whichever comes first.

• Level 5

What does „this“ mean ?

Does not follow this thread ?

EN is not following the postings in the forum on a regular basis ....

Does not follow on the support ticket ?

Can you tell us more about how EN does (not) follow on a ticker you issued with support about this .....

• 2 months later...