Safari 13/ MacOS Catalina

The news that you will not be ready with a new extension for the next OS is unacceptable. You knew it was coming. Is there an ETA on it?

I have been an Evernote customer for almost 10 years. I rely on it. And now, because of this I can't upgrade until you get your $&#! together and release an update.

This is ridiculous. Makes me regret ever touching your product. 

I doubt a moderator will approve this. But I don't know how else to complain.

I read these articles about how Evernote is in trouble and I've ignored them. But now I'm not so sure.

• Like 2

Hi, yes I did see that post. That is what sparked my initial outrage. Catalina has had a Beta version for developers for quite some time. Evernote wasn't blindsided by this release. They should have been prepared. The web clipper is a major piece of the Evernote puzzle, and so is compatibility with versions of MacOS. As a long time customer I am very upset that they don't even have an ETA just a "we're diligently working on it." The whole company has gone down hill since Phil L. left. I feel trapped. I'd leave but I'm so invested in the ecosystem so I can't. Evernote knows this and is taking users for granted.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hmmn.  Well, I've posted elsewhere that ETA's tend to be hard when a tech company needs to understand what a third party actually did to their previously stable working environment to comprehensively mess it up so badly - and finding out what was done is the main issue.  Once you know why things broke you can fix them;  but it can be kinda difficult to predict when that "why" discovery will be made.  "Diligently working" seems to indicate that they have at least one person,  maybe a team working hard on this.  As soon as that team has a result I'm sure we'll hear something... 

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, jstncwlcx said:

I appreciate your explanation and optimism, but it still won't fix the problem. I'm probably funneling my other complaints about where Evernote has been headed into this one issue.

Agreed there's a problem.  If you can't find a way to work around it,  then -obviously- you need to look around for alternatives.  If you don't want to do that,  then I can only counsel patience...

• Level 5*
20 hours ago, jstncwlcx said:

The news that you will not be ready with a new extension for the next OS is unacceptable. You knew it was coming. Is there an ETA on it?

There's a similar discussion here:

Meanwhile, you might consider another browser:

53 minutes ago, JMichaelTX said:

IAC, guys, you might use this opportunity to consider another Browser:  Brave Browser

• First, BB uses the Chrome Evernote Web Clipper, which works great!
  • BB has all the benefits of a Chrome-based browser, but without the privacy and other issues that Google brings with it.
  • BB can use all of the extensions in the Google Chrome store, which gives you access to many, many more extensions and features that Safari ever provided.
  • BB is very scriptable, so there is much you can automate with it using AppleScript, JavaScript for Automation (JXA), and Keyboard Maestro.

While you wait for Evernote to come out with a fix for the Safari Clipper, you might give BB a try.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of that thread. It is good to know I'm not alone in my frustration.

Using a different browser would require me to abandon a workflow I have spent a lot of time forming. It simply isn't an adequate solution. 

• Level 5

@jstncwlcx Thank you for reaching out, and for sharing your feedback.

As Gazumped mentioned, we're working to centralize feedback regarding the clipper issue here:

That being said, I'm going to lock this thread so that other users can be directed there.

Feel free to reach to out to me if you have any other questions, and keep an eye on that thread as I will provide further updates there about the Safari clipper issue as soon as they are available.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1