Support Non-breaking Spaces

SoKal5366

Idea

Especially on Windows, please support non-breaking spaces.

Universally, Windows allows non-breaking spaces to be entered by pressing and hold the Alt key, and typing 0160 on the numeric keypad. At a minimum, this should be supported.

Word supports entry of non-breaking spaces in a couple of ways: (1) pressing Ctrl-Shift-Space, or (2) typing and then selecting a0, and then pressing Alt-X. Supporting either (or both) of these would be nicer.

It would be nice to have this on iPhone and Mac, but on iPhone I know of no standard method for this, and on a Mac, I'm sure this is possible but I'm a newbie and so I don't have a recommendation.

The following discussion also talks about non-breaking spaces, but on Android: https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/110788-no-support-for-non-breaking-spaces/?do=findComment&comment=488877.

1 reply to this idea

• Level 5*
11 minutes ago, SoKal5366 said:

on a Mac, I'm sure this is possible but I'm a newbie and so I don't have a recommendation.

Space + Option Key on a Mac

Non-breaking spaces is an important word processing feature; not so much for notes

I recommend the use of a word processing app like MS Word.  The document can be stored in a note as a file attachment