New Editor Blocks Side By Side

badjer.phoenix

Idea

Regarding the blocks that I am now seeing in the Web client & as of today the Mac client v7.12 (where you can grab, drag & drop the line) I am excited to see. However, it would be nice if the blocks could be set up like most of the other Note Apps out there. Right now the drag & drop of the blocks in Evernote can only be done in a vertical fashion (above or below). It would be nice to see it at the next level where you could place 1 block beside another block. This would be useful when a note has several pics & being able to place them beside each other so you can see it all at once instead of scrolling up & down. Easier reviewing notes when comparing as well.
It would be handy this way where you could place pics beside a table, text beside a pic, combinations would be endless.

• Like 2

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, badjer.phoenix said:

Right now the drag & drop of the blocks in Evernote can only be done in a vertical fashion (above or below). It would be nice to see it at the next level where you could place 1 block beside another block.

This is a limitation of the enml/html formatting used for notes

I use a table to define a layout for note.  

• With columns, content can be side by side, pics beside each other, text beside a pic
  • Cells can be merged, so you're not restricted to a grid
  • Combinations are endless1531527515_ScreenShot2019-09-13at00_35_30.png.b78d0299610cb5b8b9964fa834885993.png