(Archived) Document Reading in Evernote

matthewkupon

Idea

I am currently doing a Masters Degree, and find a lot of stuff with evernote really great.

I also have Irlens Syndrome, which can make reading a bit hof an uphill struggle at times. There are various ways to help. Word and Adobe reader have full screen modes, or ways to make the background grey or darker.

I think Evernote needs this, a kind of 'reading mode'.

It seems like a massively obvious thing which is missing. Do you evernote developers know 'write room'? that is a great idea. or just full screen/reading mode in adobe reader

3 replies to this idea

Thanks for the suggestion. I know that you can change the presentation of text within Evernote itself (for unstyled text) via the Preferences, but I know this isn't quite the same as a dedicated full-screen reading mode.

If you have a web browser that behaves in the way you like, you can also use the Export option to Export to HTML, and then open that HTML file in a browser for more extended reading of longer materials.

Thanks

• Level 5

I don't have a Mac, but to maximize the readable screen space in Windows 3.5, I do the following:

* Use List View

* Change from "Icon and Text" to "Text"

* Turn off Show Search Explanation (from view command)

* Turn off Show Editing Toolbar (from view command)

* F8 - Toggle display off (note info)

* F10 - Toggle display off (note list)

* F11 - Toggle display off (side panel)

* And you might want to adjust the note Font size (Tools, Options, Display Tab)

Thanks for the suggestion. I know that you can change the presentation of text within Evernote itself (for unstyled text) via the Preferences, but I know this isn't quite the same as a dedicated full-screen reading mode.

If you have a web browser that behaves in the way you like, you can also use the Export option to Export to HTML, and then open that HTML file in a browser for more extended reading of longer materials.

Thanks

ah thanks

it can be reduced, this clutter, but I reckon it's an essential idea for further updates - it'd make for far more pleasant usability - looking nice is what people like in this day & Age (or expect) - u know, like on iPads/phones etc

y'll should bring it up on a meeting agenda - a nice thing where the document (when double clicked and opened) has nice readabilty

Archived