New note pop up in a click w/o EN running

Is it possible to open a new note ready to type-in by clicking the shortcut, when EN is not running in background? Like a sticky note works. After typing in, the stuff gets added to EN database and later can be synced. For my PC, loading takes time, each time I try to make a new note. EN would load and open database. I don't want to run entire EN in back as it consumes resource. Any workaround.

Platform: Windows 10 EN application.

• Level 5*

There's no way to use the local Windows application to collect notes without, well, running the local Windows application. Which resources (memory, disk I/O, CPU, etc. are you so concerned about?

Anyways, you could:

* Use email to send a note to your Evernote email? You can send it to a specific notebook and add tags this way.

* Use the web client (not memory & CPU resources, though)

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, Atul Mishra said:

I don't want to run entire EN in back as it consumes resource. Any workaround.

Im with at @jefito, what resources are most concerning?  I have EN up at all times and don’t see any idle time issues.  You could go to settings and change sync time to something long.  

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, Atul Mishra said:

Is it possible to open a new note ready to type-in by clicking the shortcut, when EN is not running in background? Like a sticky note works. After typing in, the stuff gets added to EN database and later can be synced. For my PC, loading takes time,

I use the Evernote Helper app

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005067-How-to-use-Evernote-Helper-for-quick-notes-and-screenshots

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
34 minutes ago, DTLow said:

In Windows, at least, even with the main application window closed, a fair amount of the Evernote application still running under the hood (I use the Process Explorer application to verify). So the Evernote helper is convenient but probably doesn't really save you all that much in terms of system resources, as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

Just wondering, isn't the EN Helper app just the right click menu for the EN tray icon?   If so, that means EN is running in the background, right?  

While you can create a new note with Ctrl-Alt-N without opening the main screen (or the helper menu), on my computer the main screen opens faster than the new note screen.  FWIW.

• Level 5*

FWIW: what I know is this:

Tear down Evernote entirely: quit the Evernote application, use the tool tray to quit Evernote, and kill the EvernoteClipper.exe process. No Evernote processes are running. Start up the EvernoteTray application by whatever means you choose, then you'll see the following processes running (from Process Explorer):

image.png.8a1ede8275526ce5aa01a8b4e0c746cb.png

So the tray application starts up the Evernote Clipper process (EvernoteClipper.exe) as well as the main Evernote process(Evernote.exe) and its attendant subprocesses (the gang of five).

If you open up the main Evernote application, you get the same processes running. If you activate up the New Note function, you get another Evernote subprocess ("Evernote Subprocess.exe"). I believe that this is the same situation as opening up a note in a separate window: every separate windows (which includes the New Note window) gets a new Evernote subprocess.

Not sure what happens when you open a separate account at the same time (I can do that at home, not at work where I am now), but I'd guess probably a whole note Evernote.exe + 5 subprocesses.

The Evernote helper is defined, in Windows, as the screen capture function and the New Note function. But all of the same stuff is running under the hood, whether you see the main application or not. Evernote is certainly running in the background.