Simply The Best...? Respect!

• Level 5*

OK - Aretha Franklin fan here (which should get you a brain worm of those tunes for an hour or two...).  Much respect to Heather Wilde,  who has an daily news feed about Evernote which tipped me to this video - and also respect to Francesco D'Alessio of Keep Productive Now for backtracking (a little) on his recently very negative views of Evernote.

• Level 5*

I still don't think Evernote is the best note-taking app; I use Notability on an iPad

I think Evernote is the best for note/document storage and organization

I use the Evernote editor for basic notes

• Level 5
7 hours ago, DTLow said:

I still don't think Evernote is the best note-taking app; I use Notability on an iPad

For me, "basic notes" is note-taking; anything more elaborate than "basic" is no longer a note but a document (given that "basic" can include bold/italics/underline, highlighting, lists, and more).

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
7 hours ago, DTLow said:

Never would have guessed this.  ;)

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

For me, "basic notes" is note-taking; anything more elaborate than "basic" is no longer a note but a document (given that "basic" can include bold/italics/underline, highlighting, lists, and more).

And the "Simply the Best" for note-taking is?

My definitions are

• Note-Taking:  Writing down important points during an event - presentation, meeting, lecture ...  
                             I use handwriting
  • Basic Notes: Evernote's enml/html format.  Text
  • Documents: More complex format, beyond markup - word processing, pdf, images ...
  • Like 1
  • Level 5*

Um, kinda non-news to me. I mean, really -- someone I never heard of before predicted Evernote's demise, and then had to have a rethink because, lo, Evernote's still around? Stop the presses!

I do miss Heather being around the forum, though...

• Like 4
  • Level 5*
8 hours ago, jefito said:

Um, kinda non-news to me. I mean, really -- someone I never heard of before predicted Evernote's demise, and then had to have a rethink because, lo, Evernote's still around? Stop the presses!

I do miss Heather being around the forum, though...

The guy's got nearly 90,000 subscribers on Youtube so I guess he's doing something right.  The main reason I posted him was it's a rare example of the genus pundit punditerri actually backtracking on "The Sky Is Falling" stories when it turns out he wuz... not entirely correct.  Agreed I ignore third party opinions on - everything- anyway. 

The only test is:  Is It (insert process / app / diet here) Working For Me?

Full disclosure - I was watching Francesco's channel because he covers Notion a lot and I was playing.  Still not impressed.  All singing,  all dancing but not related to my use cases without a lot of jiggery bespokery.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, gazumped said:

The guy's got nearly 90,000 subscribers on Youtube so I guess he's doing something right.  The main reason I posted him was it's a rare example of the genus pundit punditerri actually backtracking on "The Sky Is Falling" stories when it turns out he wuz... not entirely correct.  Agreed I ignore third party opinions on - everything- anyway. 

Dunno, gaz, but hey, Evernote has 200 million accounts and all of a sudden they're ready to R.I.P.? I think if bloggers can help to explain how to use Evernote or whatever better, and how they may differ from other applications, then that's all great. But as prognosticators of tech trends? That's an entirely different skill set. Help me get a toehold on Notion, and that's probably worth my time & attention. Try to predict whether Notion or Evernote will dominate over time? My guess is probably as good as anyone else's, and when people make predictions, that's when I reach for my jar of sea salt and start hunting for the largest grains.The problem with making your living bloggering is that you need to generate constant content, even when there's not much there there...

• Haha 2
  • Level 5

This is pretty old stuff: 

What is „Horror vacui“ ?

It is the fear of any journalist coming to the office in the morning, knowing he has to fill that blank space with news until noon. 

And if nothing happens ? 

Then you go and invent your news, or continue life as youtubbbberrrrr.

• Level 5*

The video seems to be more about him realising that his rush to judgement is often misjudged than Evernote itself. Rather self indulgent.

Also, the backing track made me want to find him and do some damage,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1