The note desappered while copying, I am in shoсk...

dino127

Idea

Hi!

There is a strange situation - first time for more then 5 years: I have some important information in the note. Client ask for it. I simply press - Note copy and... got :

Now we can not copy articles requesting login and password for viewing.

Ok - BUT! there is no any more the note! The letter image and big red cancel icon. I can't reach my note...  The button Original view is not working... It's link: imap://dino127@gmail.com@imap.gmail.com:993/fetch>UID>/INBOX>74757

In a word - the note disappeared. What I did wrong?

My be any suggestion how to recover it?

Igor

shot03.JPG

9 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, dino127 said:

In a word - the note disappeared. What I did wrong?

My be any suggestion how to recover it?

You didn't mention a device/platform.  

The master copy of our data is maintained on the servers, accessed by the web platform at www.evernote.com  I would check there first

Notes can be deleted; they are moved to the trash and can be restored

8 hours ago, DTLow said:

You didn't mention a device/platform.  

The master copy of our data is maintained on the servers, accessed by the web platform at www.evernote.com  I would check there first

Notes can be deleted; they are moved to the trash and can be restored

Thank you for the answer. The platform: Android\mobile. But another copy of evernote (win10) same time was synchronized and ... there is also no my note. What I would like to add: evernote works more then 5 years without problems. And we contact with clients by whats app often. I was at conference when got a request - need data quickly. The data was in evernote standard table template. All clear and accurate. I just wanted to copy the note and send it by whats app. But... LOST the information at all... that confused me.

As for the trash - I checked sure. There is no note... But may be the trash on servers? How can I get it back? 

Edited by dino127
add some information
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, dino127 said:

when I am at your web platform:

Note that you're posting in a user discssion forum, and we are both Evernote users228779145_ScreenShot2019-09-05at20_23_41.png.228af3d81e921b341e093b4d89d8cc07.png

>>1. There is no trash

Trash is listed onder the Notebook icon

>>2. trying to click Original view button inside disappeared note - I got:  Access is denied.

I don't know what this means

Just to be clear, how old was this note.
Was there enough time for it to sync to the server and your devices?

I'm getting the impression the note has not disappeared; instead the note contents have been deleted - you have a blank note

DTLow - thank you for assistance, but... All is waste now.

The note was about month old. Yes I understood - may be the note is not deleted - but I can not reach it content. And - it is pity - no one connection with devs available. Because - I am sure - I did not make ANY wrong steps - copy > copy failure> the note is unavailable. And noway to realize what's going on... I am very afraid of Copy function now.

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, dino127 said:

may be the note is not deleted

The note can be recovered from the Note History backup

Access to the data is a paid feature.  You can subscribe for a single month

• Level 5

The app does what the user asks it to do.

Especially on mobile the task is not made easier by a) small screen size b) the mobile Internet Connection c) the fact that the notes are synced to the server immediately when you leave the note. There is no room for mistakes, because they will not only happen to the local copy, they will sync as well to the server. The desktop apps have more margin for error.

This is the price to be paid for a multi devices app that in general does miracles in keeping everything aligned.

Fortunately the background functions not depend (mostly) on your account status. The server will OCR even for Basic, the server will keep copies of older notes to allow for reversing changes, the server will have everything searchable even when the client can not use it for account restrictions etc.

From my point of view it is a big plus for EN that by only paying for one month, you are able to get all this, and as well for all the notes created when the account was still on Basic. From most other programs the policy rules you get it once  you upgrade, but only for new stuff added while on full payment.

I hope you will be able to recover everything you need to help your client.

• Like 1
On 9/8/2019 at 10:55 PM, PinkElephant said:

The app does what the user asks it to do.

not in my case. Therefor this topic and is. As for  mobile -... look, you did not found that strange: modern phone with full HD resolution, excellent connection - and mistake. I use more complex (paid and not) app in my phone - no one failure.

Sure - I understand - all can be. But solution only... subscription. Understand me  - I’m not against subscription - it’s strange for me that there is no support at all for cases where the application is to blame. As for the note - I recovered it from emails and other sources, as it certified I keep copy sure. But it tooks me a time. And not even that: restore lost note only by subscription, even if the application is to blame - it somehow smells like a special mechanism to unobtrusively push to a subscription. And that is not good.