Jump to content

EV freeze on new iPad Air


Recommended Posts

I have used Evernote for years, so would like to know if the developers are working on a solution before I switch to something else. This is NOT related to data left in the Search field... so please DON'T hijack my post with that issue. I use a Mac, iPhone and iPad with EV and had no problems until I got a new iPad Air 3rd generation on 13.0... Installed EV8.23 and logged in, I can see the notes in the left column and can create a new note, but can't pull up ANY of my old notes... just sits there with spinning icon as if it's going to open some day. The issue isn't my internet connection, data in the search field, or anything I can address. I've closed and restarted the app, deleted and reinstalled, the app, restarted the iPad... no change. I am typically a loyal user of product--hate the hassle of change--but since I need access to this data on the iPad and it is impossible I'm thinking of jumping ship to OneNote. Please, EV Developers, give me a reason not to! I await your response.

Link to post
  • Level 5*

Hi.  This is a mainly user-supported Forum.  We can't speak for the developers and Evernote don't (usually) comment here.  As you're a subscriber,  try raising a ticket with Support.  It's a valid query;  you pay for your access,  and it's not available to you.  They should be doing something about it...  I believe I've seen comments about similar problems in the forums,  but I don't know what efforts are being made to fix things.

 

 

Link to post
  • Level 5*
22 hours ago, Julba said:

I got a new iPad Air 3rd generation on 13.0

if by 13 you mean IOS beta 13 there are other threads in the forum discussing how well or not well EN and this IOS beta are performing.  I'd tried 13 and went back to 12.whatever for some of the same reasons.

Link to post

Thanks for the info, I was not even aware a beta was installed on this iPad... it still doesn't indicate it anywhere that I can see. I work in IT so am definitely not computer illiterate yet I am not interested in doing their beta testing for them; I need tools that work. VERY frustrated that until I Googled "iOS 13 beta" I had NO IDEA it was a beta--new gripe at Apple that there is not a clear indication. So instead of tossing EV out the door my decision at the moment is wait for them to release it from beta and hope EV works or try to figure out how to remove a beta iOS (at least it's a relatively new iPad, but I really don't want the hassle and don't have an easy restore path). So I may contact EV tech support about how soon they plan to release something that works with iOS 13. Thanks again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Level 5

The keynote is on the 10th of September, the official release of iOS 13 and iPadOS will be shortly after.

I assume that any EN release thereafter will be „13-enabled“. At least I hope so.

The same with MacOS „Catalina“ !

Link to post
  • Level 5*
5 hours ago, Julba said:

Thanks for the info, I was not even aware a beta was installed on this iPad... it still doesn't indicate it anywhere that I can see. I work in IT so am definitely not computer illiterate yet I am not interested in doing their beta testing for them; I need tools that work. VERY frustrated that until I Googled "iOS 13 beta" I had NO IDEA it was a beta--new gripe at Apple that there is not a clear indication. So instead of tossing EV out the door my decision at the moment is wait for them to release it from beta and hope EV works or try to figure out how to remove a beta iOS (at least it's a relatively new iPad, but I really don't want the hassle and don't have an easy restore path). So I may contact EV tech support about how soon they plan to release something that works with iOS 13. Thanks again.

You are welcome.

Link to post
  • Level 5*
3 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

I assume that any EN release thereafter will be „13-enabled“. At least I hope so.

Ditto.  I forget what at this point but there were some enhancements I thought were worth the effort when I gave the beta a go.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...