(Archived) Can't connect

Hi,

I'm testing Evernote 3.O webbased, and have also downloaded the desktop client (Windows).

I have installed it without problem, but when I want to start it, it asks me for my username and password (which is quite normal).

But then I get the message that it "can't connect" .... eventhough at the same time, I can log in the web based application without problem ...

thanks for the quick answer!

From what I read on the other post, it seems that this could be the same problem allright.

Now to make sure, I'd like to check that log you mentioned, but I have no idea as to where I can find it ...

Now to make sure, I'd like to check that log you mentioned, but I have no idea as to where I can find it ...

Select Account in the menu, then Properties and then the sync tab.

There is a button for the log file there. :)

Chris.

• 3 weeks later...

This is stil not working for me ...

I have version 3.0.0.550 installed, and it keeps telling me that it can't connect ....

But I can connect to the web app without problem (with the same user and pasword of course!)

OK, mea Culpa.

It does seem to be a proxy issue.

I have installed Evernote on my Home computer (yes, I know I should have tried that a long time ago, but I don't have a lot of time to spend on my PC at home ..), and it works perfectly.

Now, what I stil don't understand is that I have no problem with any other software, and I don't have issues logging in to the online app ...

What can I do?

Archived