User-defined Fields

hmo

Idea

Most canned db type products allow the definition of a small number of user defined fields to the record definition.

Many come with 6-8 in place already, and cast as 2-4 numeric, 2-4 char, 2-4 note, etc.

I find my self having to attempt to use tags to flag records due to the lack of a user definable field. Although, we can put notes in the main window, it would be nice to be able to define our own notes, ad hoc in a given field so that it was visible in a column table view.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  Evernote is not a database product.  The 'user definable fields' here are Titles, Notes, Notebooks, Stacks, Tags.  There's a long list of additional information like URLs / author / location etc which is editable but not easily user-definable.  If you need more than that,  this is not the database you were looking for...

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 8/28/2019 at 8:14 PM, hmo said:

I find my self having to attempt to use tags to flag records due to the lack of a user definable field. Although, we can put notes in the main window, it would be nice to be able to define our own notes, ad hoc in a given field so that it was visible in a column table view.

I added my vote to the request

I export my data to a spreadsheet for a column view; also charting and number crunching.
I parse the title to retrieve "user defined fields"
Sample 55890503_ScreenShot2019-08-31at11_21_14.png.e4fab7d9505272dc480d2c2355c66227.png

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, hmo said:

Tags are wholly user definable, and they appear (or can, if you want) in the list view column set.