Scannable not recognizing business cards on IOS

DMG
Go to solution Solved by DTLow,

The scannable app no longer recognizes any business cards I scan. It only captures the image as a document. I have tried every possible combination of lighting and backgrounds and even tried cards that have properly been recognized in the past. It seems like that function has failed since many of the cards I am trying to scan are very basic with minimal graphics.

Anyone else have this issue? Suggestions before I move to another app?

Running iphone with latest IOS and version of Scannable.

• Level 5

From EN it was communicated that the LinkedIn-cooperation was ended, from the LinkedIn side because they changed their business politics about 3rd party access.

Probably reading the card and combining it with information already found in LinkedIn was a LI feature borrowed to EN.

Because I did not like the flow of my personal contact data into LI, I have never used it. I am using an independent card scanning and recognition app that will push the result into my contacts file.

• Level 5*
  • Solution
3 hours ago, DMG said:

The scannable app no longer recognizes any business cards I scan.

I just tested; the business card was recognized

Note; this is a paid account feature

thanks DTLow and PinkElephant

I was not aware the business card recognition is a paid feature and that must have changed recently. That solves the riddle since I am not a premium account.

I will look for a replacement card reader and welcome your recommendations. So many promoted and I just tried CardHQ which is cumbersome and doesnt really save time with all the manual steps. The scannable linkedin feature was a bonus but adding a bunch of cards into contacts and having them accessible to phone/email etc is a real value.

• Level 5

The app I use on iPhone and iPad is called CamCard, and you find it on the AppStore. I have the basic version, which suits my needs. It OCRs and feeds the scans into the iOS contact app. With standard cards results are pretty good, when designers were at work, the OCR will sometimes be a bit off.

1 minute ago, PinkElephant said:

The app I use on iPhone and iPad is called CamCard, and you find it on the AppStore. I have the basic version, which suits my needs. It OCRs and feeds the scans into the iOS contact app. With standard cards results are pretty good, when designers were at work, the OCR will sometimes be a bit off.

great, thank you, will try it out

• Like 1