Request: When navigating back (Alt + Left Arrow) return to position in previous note

SoKal5366

Idea

Scenario: In the Windows app, I'm in note "A" with a link to another note, note "B".

1. In note "A", I've scrolled down five screens, which is where the link to note "B" is.
  2. I click on this link for note "B" and I'm taken to note "B". So far so good.
  3. I then hit Alt + Left Arrow to navigate back.
  4. This is a standard keyboard shortcut for browsers, and the good news is that I'm taken back to note "A". The bad news is that it takes me back to the top of note "A", instead of five screens down (which is where I was in note "A" before jumping to note "B").

Feature request: Navigating backwards—and forwards—should take you to the same location in a note, especially in the same "session". (This is how it does work in the iOS app.)

Side note: I cannot find any documentation that says that Alt + Left Arrow and Alt + Left Arrow are supported keyboard shortcuts for navigate back and navigate forward, but they do work. I searched https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209004807-Keyboard-shortcuts-in-Evernote-for-Windows.

System info: Windows 7 Pro SP1 • Evernote 6.20.2.8626 (308626) Public (CE Build ce-62.3.7750)

Related to: 

By the way, a couple of newbie questions. I'm using Google Chrome Version 76.0.3809.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1. Where can I find help on creating posts? (I searched and searched and couldn't find help on the forum itself.)
  2. How do you add tags to a post?
  3. How do you reference another post? (I copied and pasted the URL, but is there a better way?)

0 replies to this idea

There have been no replies to this idea yet