Content in old .tif files is searchable?

When I first started using EN I scanned documents as .tif files and seemed to be able to search for text within them. At some point I became aware that EN (free at least) does not support tifs so started scanning as jpgs or pngs. Today I noticed when doing a text search that successful results were returned for many of these .tif files from 2008/2009. Was .tif support dropped at some stage? How else can this be explained? The .tif files I'm referring to do not appear as attachments.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, bwva said:

Today I noticed when doing a text search that successful results were returned for many of these .tif files from 2008/2009. Was .tif support dropped at some stage? How else can this be explained?

If they ever OCR'ed .tif files, then it's possible that the text that was recognized is still hanging around in your note. You could try exporting a note with just a .tif file in it that gets pulled in from a search, export i to Evernote format (.enex) and look at it in a text editor. If you find a "recoText" element in there, then that's the result of OCR.

• Like 1